Dana White: ‘McGregor said Khabib thing had to be done’
After the recent developments Conor McGregor’s future with the UFC has come into question, his manager, Audie A. Attar, has made it known that the Irish star wants to get back to fighting as soon as possible.
Attar issued a statement on Twitter on Saturday in support of the fighter:
“So much rumor and misinformation about my client, Conor McGregor. The matter is in the hands of law enforcement and I cannot really say more. Conor is a great father, a fiercely loyal friend, and one of the best athletes in the world. He looks forward to getting back to fighting as soon as possible.”
— Audie A. Attar (@AudieAttar) April 7, 2018
UFC President Dana White claims he previously texted with McGregor in what may have been “the worst conversation [they’ve] ever had.” White states McGregor apologized to him about fighters like Michael Chiesa, who was removed from the UFC 223 card due to lacerations from the attack, but “Khabib thing had to be done”.
“Most of the things (in the text messages) I would rather not say, and probably can’t say, on TV,” White told ESPN. “He was apologetic about the people that he wasn’t trying to hurt, but he felt like the Khabib thing had to be done.”
McGregor was released on a $50,000 bond yesterday afternoon. His next court appearance is scheduled for June 14, 2018.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.