The 2023 Arnold Strongwoman Classic is an annual event that showcases the incredible strength and athleticism of women from around the world. This year’s competition, which takes place on March 3-4 in Columbus, Ohio, promises to be the most significant yet, with an increased prize pool of $80,000.
Rebecca Roberts put up a very dominant display in the first event. However, moving onto the second event, the American Oak, Andrea Thompson shined, winning the event quite casually.
Despite not winning any events, Inez Carrasquillo became the overall leader after day one, finishing second in the Wheel of Pain and third in the American Oak. Inez was also very close to injuring herself in the second event of the day, but luckily managed to walk away with just a scratch. So, she will definitely hope to continue her streak on the final day of the 2023 Arnold Strongwoman Classic
Since its inception in 2017, the Arnold Strongwoman Classic has become one of the most highly anticipated events on the strength sports calendar. Named after the legendary bodybuilder and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger, the competition features a series of grueling events designed to test the limits of even the most elite athletes.
The Strongwoman division consists of the same five events as the Strongman, with the only difference being the weight of the implements. So, the first day of the 2023 Arnold Strongwoman Classic will see two events take place, while the second day will feature another three events.
2023 Arnold Strongwoman Classic Results
- Inez Carrasquillo — 17 points
- Olga Liashchuk — 16 points
- Rebecca Roberts — 15 points
- Andrea Thompson — 15 points
- Samantha Belliveau — 12 points
- Victoria Long — 11 points
- Donna Moore — 11 points
- Melissa Peacock — 7 points
- Hannah Linzay — 3 points
- Tamara Walcott — 2 points
Day One Event Recap
Wheel of Pain
The first event, the Wheel of Pain, required the competitors to push a large wheel around in a circle. They were given a 60-second time limit to cover the maximum distance possible. This event is extremely mentally challenging, as it was inspired by Conan the Barbarian. His ‘Wheel of Pain’ was a barbaric device that forced enslaved individuals to relentlessly turn a massive grain mill until their bodies gave out from sheer exhaustion.
Despite coming in as a substitute for the injured Nadia Stowers, the Welsh Wonder Woman, Rebecca Roberts, came out on top in the first event. Holding a consistent speed throughout the 60 seconds, Rebecca managed to cover a distance of 28.27 meters. No one even came close to Rebecca, as she won with almost 10 meters more than anyone else.
Inez Carrasquillo showed incredible leg power in her debut at the 2023 Arnold Strongwoman Classic and claimed second place with a distance of 19.53 meters. Just half a meter behind her, the 3x World’s Strongest Woman, Donna Moore, finished in third.
- Rebecca Roberts — 28.27 meters
- Inez Carrasquillo — 19.53 meters
- Donna Moore — 19.02 meters
- Olga Liashchuk — 18.19 meters
- Samantha Belliveau — 15.93 meters
- Andrea Thompson — 15.8 meters
- Victoria Long — 14.33 meters
- Melissa Peacock — 12.04 meters
- Tamara Walcott — 11.48 meters
- Hannah Linzay — 11.2 meters
The second event of the 2023 Arnold Strongwoman Classic, the American Oak, requires competitors to lift either a 122-kilogram or a 100-kilogram log as many times as possible within a 90-second time limit. The difference is that one rep on the 122-kilogram equals 100 points, while one rep on the lighter log comes out to 10 points.
The current Log Lift World Record holder, Andrea Thompson, was the favorite for this event from the start and she justified the expectations. By completing five reps on the heavier log, Andrea accumulated 500 points and won the event.
Olga Liashchuk came very close to locking out five reps of the heavier log as well, but she was ultimately unsuccessful, placing second with four reps. Inez Carrasquillo had the pace to reach four reps, but she lost balance and fell with the log, fortunately avoiding any injuries and finishing in third.hird.
- Andrea Thompson — 500 points
- Olga Liashchuk — 400 points
- Inez Carrasquillo — 300 points
- Victoria Long — 200 points
- Samantha Belliveau — 70 points
- Rebecca Roberts — 60 points
- Melissa Peacock — 50 points
- Donna Moore — 30 points
- Hannah Linzay — 20 points
- Tamara Walcott — 0 points
Watch Day 1 video below:
- Women’s Elephant Bar Deadlift — March 4th, 10 a.m.
- Women’s Unspunnen Stone Throw — March 4th, 1:30 p.m.
- Women’s Frame Carry Competition — March 4th, 6:30 pm.
According to day one of the 2023 Arnold Strongwoman Classic, day two will also be exciting and highly competitive. The increased prize pool has made all athletes more motivated to win, and fortunately, they still have an opportunity to do so. It looks like Inez Carrasquillo is the favorite for the title, since she is the overall leader after day one. However, three athletes are within two points of her. So, anything could happen tomorrow.
- How To Watch 2023 Arnold Strongman & Strongwoman Classic
- 2023 Arnold Strongman Classic Results – Day 1
Past Arnold Strongwoman Classic Winners
- 2022: Victoria Long
- 2020: Olga Liaschuck
- 2019: Olga Liaschuck
- 2018: Donna Moore
- 2017: Leifia Ingalls