The double cable front raise is an isolation exercise which builds muscle and strength in the anterior (Front) deltoids. And using cables makes for a great alternative to using dumbbells as there’s constant tension on the muscle which is important for muscle growth and strength.
Now, this is a good movement for beginners or anyone with more experience since it’s simple and safe. And you can do it at the beginning or at the end of a shoulder routine for the best results possible. So, utilize this effective exercise to target the front deltoids with a different stimulus.
In This Exercise:
- Target Muscle Group: Anterior Deltoid
- Type: Strength
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Equipment: Cable machine
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Attach a single grip handle to the lowest notch of each cable pulley.
- Then, stand between the pulleys and grip both handles.
- Now, while standing straight, lift both arms upward to shoulder level with elbows slightly bent.
- Lower them back down.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Variations & Tips:
- You can alternate arms rather than lifting both at the same time.
- The double cable front raise works the anterior (Front) part of the shoulder.