The cable Tricep kickback is an isolation exercise which builds muscle and strength in all three heads which make up the tricep muscle. It’s not known as a mass-building movement but it is very effective for developing a mind/muscle connection which allows you to activate your muscles better during each repetition.
Now, using cables is very beneficial for making gains because they keep constant tension on the target muscles which is important for muscle hypertrophy. So, make sure to include more cable work and tricep kickbacks for optimal muscular development.
In This Exercise:
- Target Muscle Group: Triceps Brachii
- Type: Strength
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Equipment: Cable machine
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Attach a single grip rope handle to the lowest notch on the cable pulley system.
- Then, bend your knees, keep your back straight and grab the rope with your left hand.
- Now, with your upper arm parallel to the floor, extend your forearm backward by flexing your triceps.
- Hold for a few seconds.
- Then, complete the exercise for the ideal number of reps and then repeat the movement using your right tricep.
Variations & Tips:
- Make sure to warm up with lightweight before training heavy to protect your elbows from excessive stress.
- The cable Tricep kickback works all three heads of the tricep muscle.
Watch: How to do the cable tricep kickback
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.