The EZ bar curl is an isolation exercise which is used to build muscle and strength in the bicep muscles. And it’s a very effective movement for also targeting the brachialis, brachioradialis, and forearms as well. Now, it’s a simple exercise so anyone can do it safely and it’s recommended for people with all levels of training experience.
And the shape of the bar lessens the amount of stress placed on the wrists unlike with the straight bar, which is why a lot of people who train prefer to use this bar instead. The EZ bar curl is effective when used during any portion of your bicep workout so feel free to mix it in your routine for maximum arm gains.
In This Exercise:
- Target Muscle Group: Biceps Brachii
- Type: Strength
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Equipment: EZ curl bar
- Difficulty: Beginner
- While standing, grip the EZ curl bar with arms shoulder-width distance apart or slightly wider.
- Then, with the barbell resting on your thighs and arms extended, curl the bar all the way up while contracting your biceps. Exhale during this portion of the exercise.
- Slowly lower the bar back down and inhale.
- Repeat the exercise for the ideal number of reps to complete the set.
Variations & Tips:
- The EZ bar curl is great because it alleviates stress on your wrists making it possible for many people to train harder and more effectively.
- Avoid cheating during the exercise but using slight momentum is appropriate.
- Make sure to not lock out your elbows during the negative portion of the exercise to keep tension on your biceps.
- The EZ bar curl works the biceps, forearms, brachialis, and brachioradialis muscles of the upper arm.
Watch: How to do the EZ bar curl
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.