At long last the journey is coming to an end for CrossFit athletes around the world. The 2021 CrossFit Games Semifinals kicks off starting on May 28th, and this is a guide to watching all the action.
The Semifinals is the final stop for athletes looking to qualify for the 2021 Games Finals. By the end of the four week competition, we will see 38 men, women, and teams from six different regions, punch their ticket to the in-person event.
This year’s season was different than others, with several stages for athletes to be narrowed down in order to determine who will make it to the Finals. Aside from the Semifinals, there will also be a Last Chance Qualifier where two additional men, women, and teams will get a final opportunity to advance.
Spanning each weekend from May 28th-June 20th, the 2021 CrossFit Games Semifinals consists of ten events. Although the plan was originally for each contest to take place in-person, various restrictions due to the global pandemic have left five of them taking place in a virtual format instead.
That being said, it will be possible to watch the majority of these contests unfold live, throughout the majority of the four weeks. Here is how you can watch the action online.
How To Watch 2021 CrossFit Games Semifinals
The specific starting times of some of the events for the Games Semifinals has not been completely determined, but we have a layout of the way things will unfold over the course of the contest. The CrossFit Games website will continue to update as more information becomes available, and we will update the page here, as well.
In the meantime, we know that the action from the Semifinals can be tracked through one of four ways. Some events, which will be indicated in the schedule of events listed below, will be exclusively available in highlight form on the Games Central YouTube program.
Unless otherwise marked, each contest will be available for live stream on the following sites:
Week 1 – May 28-30
Torian Pro (Brisbane, Australia)
- Thursday May 27th: 3:50 p.m. – 1:10 a.m. PT (6:50EST – 4:10EST)
- Friday May 28th: 3:50 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. PT (6:50 p.m. – 5:00 a.m. EST)
- Saturday May 29th: 3:50 p.m. – 12:20 a.m. PT (6:50 p.m. – 3:20 a.m. EST) (Includes award ceremony)
Mid-Atlantic CrossFit Challenge (Knoxville, Tennessee)
- Friday May 28th: 10:50 a.m. – 5:10 p.m. PT (1:50 p.m. – 8:10 p.m. EST)
- Saturday May 29th: 5:50 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. PT (8:50 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST)
- Sunday May 30th: 5:50 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. PT (8:50 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST) (includes award ceremony)
Week 2 – June 4-6
Granite Games (Eagan, Minnesota)
- TIMES TBD
Fittest in Cape Town (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Virtual matchups on Games Central
Week 3 – June 11-13
- Virtual matchups on Games Central
- Virtual matchups on Games Central.
Brazil CrossFit Championship (São Paulo, Brazil)
- Virtual matchups in Games Central programs throughout the day
Week 4 – Jun 18-20
West Coast Classic (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- TIME TBD
Atlas Games (Virtual Event)
- View virtual matchups in the Games Central programs throughout the day
Asia Invitational (Virtual Event)
- View highlights during the Games Central programs
Following the conclusion of the Games Semifinals, there will be a Last Chance Qualifier, which takes place on July 2nd-4th, in an online event. Additionally, updates from the Semis will available with the leaderboard online.
Stay tuned to Fitness Volt for further updates and coverage of the 2021 CrossFit Games Semifinals. We will also continue to update the site with times as they become available.