If you want to work on a fantastic body, then you’ll need to work on your shoulders too! It is all well and good bodybuilding and working on bulking up your body, but if your shoulders don’t match then you’ll never look as big as you could!
Rather than let this happen to you – follow this easy routine for 8 weeks and you’ll have massive shoulders that really help you to look the part.
What Is It?
The guide will help you work on getting bigger shoulders – but with definition too! The workouts included in this guide, so make sure you take it easy and don’t over train – this means have shoulder only days and don’t overwork with heavy weights straight away.
Have you ever look at a man’s body and envied the size of his shoulders? If you’re a man who wants a big body, then you have probably wondered how some men seem to have shoulders that defy belief! If you have been working on your body and you aren’t sure how to get your arms any bigger then look no further!
Do you want to have to be careful what tops you buy because your arms are so big? Are you someone who strives to have a bigger, better, more muscular set of shoulders and upper arms? Do you want to be the man that people look at and wonder how their arms got so big?
If you want to have arms that couldn’t possibly be described as anything less than massive, then your answer is here! Let’s be honest – you will have to put in the work, you aren’t going to get arms to be proud of unless you do it properly – but with this guide, you can have massive arms in the next two months!
Shoulders To Make Hed Turn
I do not doubt that you will have seen workouts like this before. Lets before a press, side raises and rear laterals are nothing new – but this is about so much more! This unconventional workout will let you build mass alongside definition to create the ultimate in massive arms!
This routine is not for newbie’s and is not to be taken lightly! If you’re new to bodybuilding, then you should try some traditional bodybuilding and fitness first to ease yourself into it! After that, you can work your way through this guide – which has been pieced together from different hints and tips from other bodybuilders.
The Arnold Press
If you have a desire to have a big body, then I bet you have looked at people like Arnold Schwarzenegger for body inspiration and envy! For a body like his, you have to start with the Arnold Press.
- Start with a pair of dumbbells held at shoulder height
- Have your palms facing you.
- Press and as you go up turn the dumbbells so that your palms end up facing away from you.
- Hold it for a second.
- Lower your back the opposite way for three seconds.
- Do 12 reps to start then three sets of 8-10 reps until you finish.
Side Lateral Raises
To work yourself even harder why not use the same work out as Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler – you’ll need two dumbbells for this.
- Take one in each hand
- Raise the dumbbells away from your body slowly
- When they are parallel to the floor hold it there for one count
- Lower back to your body
You should do 8-10 reps per set and do three working sets for each arm every time you work out.
The Road To Redemption – Rear Lateral Raises
If you have ever watched the Road to Redemption DVD by Ronnie Coleman, then you will already be familiar with this type of exercise.
- With a bench in the incline position, lay down on it in-between a cable station
- Have a pulley either side of you with single-hand attachments
- Grab with one hand and reach with the other – swap over
While doing this, you need to keep your elbows bent and concentrated on your shoulders. When your arms are stretched out, you should hope this for one second. Do three sets of 12-15 reps for this to be effective.
Next! Front Plate Raises
- Stand straight.
- Hold a barbell plate straight out in front of you lengthways.
- Palms facing each other.
- Bend slightly at the elbow.
- Lock your arms in position.
- Lower to your waist in front of you (Your starting position).
- Raise it slowly until you are above shoulder level – exhale as you do this. Hold for a second.
- Lower it back to the starting position as you inhale.
Keep your torso still throughout this – make sure you do not swing the weight and that instead, it is a solid and smooth movement.
What It All Means
Superset – Two consecutive sets of exercises completed with no break in between
Giant Set – Four consecutive sets of exercises completed with no break in between
Rest Pause – Do a set until you can no more. Rest for 10 seconds and then continue
Failure – When you have worked your muscles so hard that they can no longer support you doing the
Diary Of What You Should Be Doing
First Two Weeks
- Arnold Press warm up – 12-15 reps
- Arnold Press as work up – 3 sets of 8-10reps
- One arm side raise – 3 sets of 8-10 reps
- Seated Rear Delt Raise – 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Front Plate Raise – 1 set of 20 reps
The Next Two Weeks
- Superset (Take this easy the first time you do it – it’s a big set up on the exercise stakes)
- Seated Arnold Press – 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Front Plate Raise – 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- One-Arm Side Raise – 3 sets of 10-12 reps including rest pause upon failure
- Seated Rear Delt Raise – 3 sets of 20 reps
Weeks Five and Six
- Giant Set (Once again take it easy the first time you attempt this, to use your body into it)
3 cycles, – 2 minutes rest in between cycles
- Arnold Press – 15 reps
- Seated Rear Delt Raise – 15 reps
- Front Plate Raise – 15 reps
- One-Arm Side Raise – 2 sets of 25 reps
- The Last (and Most Important) Two Weeks
- One-Arm Side Raise – 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated Arnold Press – 3 sets of 12-15 reps
- Seated Rear Delt Raise – 3 sets of 20 reps
- Front Plate Raise – 3 sets of 20 reps
When you try this routine you should look at doing shoulders only that day – you don’t want to push your body too far and too hard! However, if you really must do two workouts that day make sure you rest between workouts and stretch properly in between to keep your body moving and make sure that you stay safe.
On the second week of this stage also pick a day when you only train your shoulders – there cannot be enough emphasis on how important it is to make sure you rest your body when you need to! Listen to your body because if you are going to have the massive, impressive arms you want, then you’ll need to work them properly.
So there it is – the routine you need to build your shoulders into something you have always wanted. Just take it as slowly as you need to and make sure you are always doing the lifts correctly. That said, you will experience some pain and soreness, but as the saying goes – no pain, no gain!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.