Exciting news for the 2020 CrossFit season!
We’re barely into the New Year and there’s already 3 new sanctioned events confirmed for the next year’s (2020) CrossFit season. Recently, the 2019 CrossFit Games Rulebook was released and everyone was informed of the new changes and details they’ve been waiting for.
So, now that everyone knows about this year’s rules, we learned some great new information about the 2020 season, specifically, the three brand new sanctioned events added to the list, which will now equal six total sanctioned events announced so far.
The three already announced sanctioned events for 2020:
- The SouthFit CrossFit Challenge — November 2019
- Pandaland CrossFit Championship — December 2019
- West Coast Classic — March 2020
Here are the three new sanctioned events for 2020:
- CrossFit Filthy 150
- Where: Dublin, Ireland
- When: November 2019
- CrossFit Atlas Games
- Where: Quebec, Canada
- When: March 2020
- Canada West CrossFit Championship
- Where: Vancouver, Canada
- When: March 2020
The 2019 season currently has 15 announced sanctioned events which can qualify an athlete to receive an invite to the official 2019 CrossFit Games. These events are not directly connected with the Games this year.
View this post on Instagram
Ireland and Canada to Host Sanctionals in 2020 | Individual and team athletes will take the competition floor at newly sanctioned CrossFit competitions in Dublin, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Quebec, Canada. The champions of the men’s, women’s and team competitions at each event will receive invitations to compete at the 2020 CrossFit Games in Madison, Wisconsin. – @filthy150 @atlasgames_ @canwestgames – Link in bio. #CrossFitGames • #Sanctionals ? @filthy150 @crossfitnenagh_chloe.grace
2019 CrossFit Sanctioned Events Schedule
- Dubai CrossFit Championship – Dubai, U.A.E. – December 2018
- Australian CrossFit Championship – Queensland, Australia- January 2019
- Wodapalooza CrossFit Festival – Miami, Florida, U.S. – January 2019
- CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town – Cape Town, South Africa – January 2019
- CrossFit Strength in Depth – London, England, U.K. – February 2019
- Asia CrossFit Championship – Chinese Mainland- April 2019
- Mid Atlantic CrossFit Challenge – Baltimore, Maryland / D.C. Area, U.S. – April 2019
- CrossFit Italian Showdown – Milan, Italy – April 2019
- Brazil CrossFit Championship – São Paulo, Brazil – May 2019
- The CrossFit Lowlands Throwdown – Apeldoorn, Netherlands – May 2019
- Down Under CrossFit Championship – Wollongong, Australia – May 2019
- Reykjavik CrossFit Championship – Reykjavik, Iceland – May 2019
- The Rogue Invitational, a CrossFit Sanctioned Event – Columbus, Ohio – May 2019
- CrossFit French Throwdown – Paris, France – June 2019
- The Granite Games, a CrossFit Sanctioned Events – Saint Cloud, Minnesota, U.S. – June 2019
Now, the winning individuals (Men and women) and teams who qualify for the CrossFit Games can choose to not participate at the CrossFit Open. However, with the new ranking system, if you do not compete at the Open, your overall ranking going into the finals will be affected. The full details on this new ranking system in relation to the Games have not yet been confirmed.
It will be an exciting 2019 season for CrossFit competitors and fans of the sport.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.