The cable twist is an isolation exercise which works the oblique muscles of the core. It’s an easy exercise when proper form is used and anyone with any level of training can do it safely and effectively. So, beginners, intermediate, and advanced lifters can all see experience the benefits. Now, the benefit of training with cables is that you can keep constant tension on your muscles which is necessary for muscle hypertrophy.
The cable twist is an ideal exercise for your core training days and you should utilize it for optimal results.
In This Exercise:
- Target Muscle Groups: Internal and External Obliques
- Type: Strength
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Equipment: Cable machine
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Attach the single grip handle to a cable pulley about hip level.
- Then, stand so your left heel is facing the cables and grab the handle with both hands.
- Now, straighten your arms and twist to the right while contracting your core.
- Complete the preferred number of reps, then switch arms and repeat the movement.
- Alternate between both sides for sets.
Variations & Tips:
- Keep your core tight during the movement for optimal muscle stimulation.
- Avoid going too heavy as you risk losing proper form.
- The cable twist is an excellent oblique movement which keeps tension on the core muscles.
Watch: How to do the cable twist
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.