The 2020 CrossFit Open started on Thursday night and the leader boards are already filling up. To master CrossFit Open Workout 20.1, tips and tricks are pouring in from everyone in the CrossFit community.
Also read this: Check Out Annie Thorisdottir’s CrossFit Open 20.1 Workout
What is Workout 20.1 and what equipment will you need?
The CrossFit Open Workout 20.1
- 10 Rounds
- 8 Ground-to-Overhead (95 lbs for men, 65 lbs for women)
- 10 Bar Facing Burpees
Time Cap: 15-minutes
- Standard bumper plates (18-inch diameter) to load barbell for burpee
- Collars to secure the plates on the barbell
- Plates to load to the appropriate weight for your division
From some of the best athletes and coaches here are tips for getting the best out of Workout 20.1.
1. From Cole Sager, Pacing is Key
“Week 1 of the 2020 CrossFit Games Open tests who really wants it! If we approach it smart, we can get a great time and not kill ourselves doing it. I give some advice on warm-up, pacing, and movement recommendations! Welcome baaaack! Let’s have some fun!”
2. From Jacob Heppner, Stretch Your Lower Back
At this level of CrossFit stretching is key. Jacob Heppner recommends getting your heart rate going and warming up your back before you attempt this workout.
3. From the Brute Strength crew, Do This Amazing Warm-Up Routine
Following a good warm-up is key to crushing this workout. Brute Strength also adds some great grip strength tips and suggests the use of wristbands.
4. From CrossFit Invictus, Stay Steady For Beginner And Intermediate Strategy
Video Submission Standards
- Film the plates and barbell so the loads can be seen clearly.
- Videos must be uncut and unedited to accurately display the performance.
- Your judge and a clock or timer must be visible throughout the workout.
- Shoot the video so all exercises can be seen clearly meeting the movement standards.
- Videos shot with a fisheye lens or similar lens may be rejected.
Prior to starting the workout, the athlete will need to set up a barbell, with standard plates, to jump over during the burpees. This workout begins with the barbell on the floor and the athlete standing tall. After the call of “3, 2, 1… go,” the athlete may pick up the barbell and perform 8 ground-to-overheads then 10 bar-facing burpees for 10 rounds.
The athlete’s score will be the total time it takes to complete the entire workout or the total number of repetitions completed before the 15-minute time cap. There is no tiebreak for this workout.
Score submissions for CrossFit Open Workout 20.1 will close on Monday, October 14th at 5 p.m. PT.
Leave a Reply