The 2023 CrossFit Games took place on August 1-6, 2023, in Madison, Wisconsin, and turned out to be one of the closest finishes yet. Going into the final day, there was no predicting who the winners in either of the men’s or women’s divisions would be. However, one man was extremely motivated, as Jeffrey Adler from Canada put the burners on and took over the top spot in the men’s division on the final day. He then held onto it successfully and became the Fittest Man On Earth.
Going into the 2023 CrossFit Games, it was hard to make anyone the favorite apart from the 2x champion, Justin Medeiros. However, his performance was unfortunately very bad, relative to what he and everyone expected. However, Jeffrey Adler turned up and impressed everyone.
Jeffrey Adler also did not seem like the likely winner until the final day, as Roman Khrennikov had an incredible start to his competition. The Russian athlete even had a 100+ point advantage over Adler at some point, but everything crumbled for him on the final day. Roman injured his foot and was unable to put up decent performances. So, he dropped down to third place by the end of the competition.
2023 CrossFit Games Men’s Podium
- Jeffrey Adler — 953 points
- Patrick Vellner — 837 points
- Roman Khrennikov — 801 points
Jeffrey Adler’s Full Performance
- Ride: Second-Place
- Pig Chipper: 25th-Place
- Inverted Medley: 15th-Place
- The Alpaca Redux: Eighth-Place
- Ski-Bag: Eighth-Place
- Helena: First-Place
- Cross-Country 5k: Second-Place
- Intervals: Seventh-Place
- Olympic Total: Fourth-Place
- Muscle-Up Logs: First-Place
- Parallel-Bar Pull: Seventh-Place
- Echo Thruster Final: Fifth-Place
Day One of the 2023 CrossFit Games was relatively bad for Jeffrey Adler as he finished in 25th and 15th places in two events. This meant that he would have to be on a comeback journey for the remainder of the competition, and he was more than successful.
With two event wins and two additional second places throughout the entire 2023 CrossFit Games, Jeffrey Adler ended up beating his closest rival, Patrick Vellner, by 116 points. So, despite the rough start, Jeffrey managed to dominate the competition.
It was clear from the start of the season that Jeffrey Adler would be one to watch, as he ranked first worldwide in the 2023 CrossFit Open. He also won the North America East Semifinal, and is now wrapping it up with a title at the 2023 CrossFit Games.
This year was Jeffrey Adler’s fifth appearance at the CrossFit Games and he made a massive improvement from previous years. Prior to this, his highest placement was fifth, which he achieved in 2020 and repeated in 2022.
Jeffrey Adler has definitely earned the title of Fittest Man On Earth after everything he has done this season. With this victory, he is likely to find even greater motivation to defend his title and make a strong return next year. In any case, Jeffrey’s legacy is cemented as the 2023 CrossFit Games Champion, etching his name into the annals of history.
2023 CrossFit Games Coverage
- 2023 CrossFit Games Results — Individual & Teams Final Day
- 2023 CrossFit Games Results, Recap, & Leaderboards
- 2023 CrossFit Games Results — Individual & Teams Day Three
- 2023 CrossFit Games Results — Individual & Teams Day Two
- 2023 CrossFit Games Results — Individual & Teams Day One
- How To Watch 2023 CrossFit Games
- 2023 NOBULL CrossFit Games Withdrawals
- 2023 CrossFit Games Workouts For Individuals & Teams Revealed