Finally Dana White has broken his silence about the UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt’s expletive-laden rant on Instagram earlier this week. Hunt blew up across his social media accounts after it was revealed that Hunt would no longer be taking on Marcin Tybura in the main heavyweight event of UFC Sydney on Nov. 19 – due to ‘medical concerns’ over the comments Hunt made on brain damage.
In a quick interview with TMZ White says he pulled Mark Hunt from next month’s “UFC Sydney” card because “sometimes you gotta protect these guys from themselves.”
“He’s always going off on me,” said White. “Listen, sometimes you gotta protect these guys from themselves and that’s what we’re looking into right now. He made a statement that I’ve hated him forever,” White said. “I don’t hate Mark Hunt at all. I never hated Mark Hunt. He knows that. I was actually really good with Mark Hunt.”
In another interview with TSN, White explains
“The guy wrote a story basically saying he’s got brain damage, he slurs his words and all these other things,” White said. “Now he’s saying the story was taken out of context — you wrote the story. How do you take a story you wrote out of context?”
“Sometimes you have to protect these guys from themselves. We got to know that what he’s saying is not true because now he’s saying it’s not true. ‘I’ll slur my words if I’m drinking’ he said, but we got to make sure this guy’s alright. No matter what he says to me.”
Hunt, 43, been VERY upset about the move calling White a ‘piece of s**t motherf**ker’.
Check out the interview below:
Leave a Reply