In one of the last Mr. Olympia qualifiers for this year, competitors battled for an invitation in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at the 2022 Atlantic Coast Pro. The November 19 event featured competitors from the Classic Physique, Men’s Physique, Bikini and Women’s Physique.
Each competitor this weekend shared the same goal of one day becoming an Olympia champion. The 2022 Mr. Olympia competition takes place next month from December 15 – 18 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The deadline to qualify for the contest ends tomorrow (November 20, 2022), which means this weekend was the final opportunity for IFBB Pro bodybuilders to secure their qualifications.
Unlike last year’s contest, the Figure competitors weren’t slated to compete at this show. This year, many consider Men’s Physique to be the headliner. Andre Ferguson, who placed third at last year’s Atlantic Coast Pro, was eager to assert himself as one of the favorites to beat.
Only one bodybuilder from each of the divisions emerged victorious. Check out a full list of winners and results below.
2022 Atlantic Coast Pro Winners
- Classic Physique: Anthony Barbera III
- Men’s Physique: Andre Ferguson
- Bikini: Romina Basualdo
- Women’s Physique: Whitney Armstrong
2022 Atlantic Coast Pro Results
Tommy Clark challenged for the title this weekend but was met with resistance by a number of competitors during prejudging. When finals came around, it was a showdown between contenders Anthony Barbera III and Tommy Clark. Ultimately, Anthony Barbera III secured the title and his invitation to 2022 Olympia.
- Winner — Anthony Barbera III
- Second Place — Tommy Clark
- Third Place — Wayne Freeman
- Fourth Place — Damien Patrick
- Fifth Place — Toto Djong
- Sixth Place — Eric Abelon
- Seventh Place — Louis-Dominique Corbeil-Fiset
- Eighth Place — Jabar Al Kuwari
- Ninth Place — Corey Curtis
- Tenth Place — Domenick DiBenedetto
Andre Ferguson was on a mission after turning in a third-place finish at the 2021 Atlantic Coast Pro. He brought a balanced physique with excellent conditioning. Despite being pushed by Sharif Reid throughout the contest, Andre Ferguson clinched the victory and his 2022 Olympia qualification.
- Winner — Andre Ferguson
- Second Place — Sharif Reid
- Third Place — Stevelon Dennis
- Fourth Place — Anderson da Silva Arruda
- Fifth Place — Joshua Guidry
- Sixth Place — Jeremiah Maxey
- Seventh Place — Victor Ramirez
- Eighth Place — Juan Manuel
- Ninth Place — Micah Thomas Jr.
- Tenth Place — Kevin Reeder
As one of the most popular divisions in the IFBB, Bikini contests have become extremely competitive. Many fans labeled Ashlyn Little, Romina Basualdo, Jessica Nicole Dolias as frontrunners during prejudging. After a heated show, Romina Basualdo won the title.
- Winner — Romina Basualdo
- Second Place — Ashlyn Little
- Third Place — Jessica Nicole Dolias
- Fourth Place — Jennifer Lynch
- Fifth Place — Ashley Smith
- Sixth Place — Nikki Kiani
- Seventh Place — Dakini Sellamuthu
- Eighth Place — Myra Colcord
- Ninth Place — Sacita Duffy
- Tenth Place — Micaela Cristofaro
During the show, Whitney Armstrong and Robyn Mays emerged as title contenders. It was close and posing certainly played a factor. Whitney Armstrong finished first and punched her ticket to Olympia.
- Winner — Whitney Armstrong
- Second Place — Robyn Mays
- Third Place — Alex Hall
- Fourth Place — Jodi Marchuck
- Fifth Place — Hayley Perry
- Sixth Place — Rachel Aronson
- Seventh Place — Paloma Parra
- Eighth Place — Lenka Ferencukova
- Ninth Place — Marysel Cruz Cruz
- Tenth Place — Gessica L. Campbell
2022 Atlantic Coast Scorecards
Fitness Volt congratulates the winners on their victories this weekend!
Leave a Reply