Dumbbells have been there for a very long time in the game of bodybuilding. People used to have several sets of dumbbells depending on their weights in their garage or somewhere else. Dumbbells so far haven’t been changed much and so are its utility and needs. Back in the time when the complex machinery wasn’t available to each and everybody people used to have a pair of dumbbells at their homes.
It’s no doubt that dumbbells are still used in doing the strength training and people use them to build their arms and some part of their shoulder and back too, but what they still are not aware of the proper techniques and methods of carrying out dumbbell exercises. We’re going to show you several exercises related to the dumbbells which will not only rectify your posture and position but also will help you in shredding your body.
1. Curl and Press
Curls and presses is a combination of two separate exercises that are very much important for both the biceps and shoulders respectively. Bicep curls and shoulder press will help you get the strong and lean body. Here is how you can start up with curl and press:
- Stand on your feet such that the distance between your feet is greater than between your hips. Now hold a dumbbell in each hand in such a way that your palm faces forwards and your thumb outwards away from the body. This is going to be your initial position.
- Now exhale and flex your arms and slightly take the dumbbells towards your shoulders and then inhale and then face your palm away from the body.
- Exhale air and lift the dumbbells over your head followed by inhaling and moving back to the previous position by lowering down the weights at the shoulder level.
- Now exhale and rotate back your palms such that they now face towards the body and once again inhale and relax your elbows returning to the initial position.
- One to three sets each of 10-15 reps must be carried out for 45 to 60 seconds of rest in between.
Alteration- if you want to increase the load on the other body parts also then instead of starting from the standing position, start off in the squat position.
Leave a Reply