Beets have long been hailed as a superfood as they are packed with nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds.
Beet supplements have gained popularity in recent years for their ability to boost immunity, fight against free radical damage and inflammation, and increase energy levels.
Let’s check out the 10 best beet supplements on the market right now.
Top 10 Beet Supplements Tested/Ranked:
- Best Beet Supplement Overall: Self Evolution Beet12
- Best Value: Bulk Supplements Beetroot Powder
- Best for Vegans: KOS Organic Beet Root Capsules
- Best for Endurance: HumanN SuperBeets Powder
- Best Bioavailability: Horbaach Beetroot Capsules
- Best Mild Dose: Natural Elements Beetroot Capsules
- Best Circulation Booster: Natural Fuel Power Beets
- Best High Dose: Snap – Nitric Oxide Organic Beets
- Best as an Additive: NatureVibe Botanicals Organic Beetroot Powder
- Best Chewable: HumanN Superbeets Chews
How Much Do Pre-Workouts for Beginners Cost?
There is quite a range in price when it comes to Beet supplements. Here’s a breakdown of the overall and per serving costs of our top 10:
|Category||Product||Name||Price||Per Serving Cost||Why We Love It|
|Best Beet Supplement Overall||Self Evolution Beet12||$29.99||$1.00||It delivers a powerful and potent blend of beets and Vitamin B12 to maximize blood flow.|
|Best Value||Bulk Supplements Beetroot Powder||$22.96||$0.06||A great value product that is simple and effective.|
|Best for Vegans||KOS Organic Beet Root Capsules||$21.99||$0.12||Gets into the bloodstream quickly to produce its nitric oxide boosting effect faster.|
|Best for Endurance||HumanN SuperBeets Powder||$37.95||$1.13||Delivers an immediate and lasting energy boost.|
|Best Bioavailability||Horbaach Beetroot Capsules||$13.99||$0.16||It’s budget-friendly, easily absorbable, and vegan friendly.|
|Best Mild Dose||Natural Elements Beetroot Capsules||$14.95||$0.09||It’s great for people who don’t want a high dose of beets.|
|Best Circulation Booster||Natural Fuel Power Beets||$23.73||$0.39||Effective in bringing down high blood pressure.|
|Best High Dose||Snap-Nitric Oxide Organic Beets||$47.95||$1.33||Maxes out the beet dose for optimum vasodilation and a great pump.|
|Best as an Additive||NatureVibe Botanicals Organic Beetroot Powder||$12.89||$0.11||It’s perfect as an additive to your favorite recipes.|
|Best Chewable||HumanN Superbeets Chews||$35.96||$0.60||Tastes like candy.|
Here are the best beet supplements on the market:
Best Beet Supplement Overall
Our best overall beet supplement delivers on all the criteria that we judged a supplement on; it is clinically dosed, includes smart additional ingredients to boost potency, is completely transparent, and sells at a reasonable price point.
Self Evolution Beet12
Self Evolution Beet12 provides 5000 mg of organic beet powder along with 2000 mcg of Vitamin B12. That combination delivers a potent energy boost while increasing nitric oxide levels to increase blood flow.
You also get a Co-Enzyme Q10 dose in the beet supplement to boost energy production. It can help you blast through intense training sessions like prepping for a marathon. What’s more? Thanks to its nitric oxide boosting capability, this product will help you achieve awesome muscle pumps.
This supplement comes in a natural black cherry flavor that tastes great. The powder also mixes really well to produce a smooth, grit-free smoothie that goes down very easily.
Who Should Take Self Evolution Beet12?
- People who want long-lasting energy for long workouts.
- Folks who want to reduce their blood pressure.
- Those who love to achieve a great pump in the gym.
Who Should Not Take Self Evolution Beet12?
- People who are after a pocket-friendly beet supplement.
Best Value Beet Supplement
Our best value beet supplement delivers high-quality beetroot powder in bulk supply, making for an unbeatable per serving cost.
Bulk Supplements Beetroot Powder
Bulk Supplements have established themselves as the go-to brand for people wanting to save money on bulk supplement purchases. Their beet powder delivers 3,500 mg of beetroot powder per serving. There are no other ingredients in here, including preservatives or additives.
You get 2.2 pounds of beet powder with your purchase. That is enough for a whopping 286 servings, breaking down to just six cents per ounce.
Bulk supplements beetroot powder mixes very well, producing a terrific tasting shake in water.
Who Should Take Bulk Supplements Beetroot Powder?
- People who want to buy in bulk.
- Folks who are after an easy mixing beetroot powder.
Who Should Not Take Bulk Supplements Beetroot Powder?
- People who are after more ingredients to boost potency.
Best for Vegans
Horbaach Beetroot Capsules are gelatin free, making them ideal for vegans and vegetarians.
KOS Organic Beet Root Capsules
KOS Organic Beet Root delivers 1,500 mg of organic beet per serving and comes in a gelatin-free capsule, making the product suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Each container includes 180 capsules, which are enough for a two-month supply. KOS markets the product as an athletic ability enhancer, antioxidant, and heart health protector.
KOS Organic Beet Root capsules undergo third-party testing, providing you with an extra level of assurance that you’re getting a pure product.
Who Should Take KOS Organic Beet Root Capsules?
- People who want a pure, single-ingredient beet supplement.
- Folks with high blood pressure.
Who Should Not Take KOS Organic Beet Root Capsules?
- People who don’t like taking multiple capsules each day.
Best For Endurance
The more blood you’ve got coursing through your veins the more energy-containing nutrients will get through to your muscle cells. Our top performer in this category does the best job of supplying workout endurance.
HumanN Super Beet Powder
HumanN provides SuperBeets in three forms — powder, chewable, and capsules. Our favorite is this powder version because of its versatility. You could add it to your pre-workout drink or post-workout shake.
In addition to concentrated beets, you also get 160 mg of potassium, 10 mg of magnesium, and 50 mg of vitamin C. The product contains just 15 calories, making this a great supplement for people who are trying to lose weight.
Each serving provides you with the equivalent of 40 teaspoons of fresh beats. You also get 65 mg of sodium per serve. It comes in a black cherry flavor which tastes great.
Who Should Take HumanN Super Beets Powder?
- Athletes looking for improved endurance during training.
- People wanting a powder to add to their pre-workout.
Who Should Not Take Human Super Beets Powder?
- People who want a low sodium count.
The more bioavailable a supplement, the faster and more efficiently it can enter your muscles.
Horbaach Beetroot Capsules
Horbaach Beet Root capsules deliver pure beet powder. However, they come in gelatin capsules, making them unsuitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Each triple capsule serving delivers 1,500 mg of beet, which is considerably lower than some other products on this list. It makes this supp better suited for people looking for a light to moderate dose beet supplement.
The Horbaach Beet Root container has 250 capsules and delivers 83 servings. This product is preservative, GMO, and lactose-free.
Who Should Take Horbaach Beetroot Capsules?
- People who want a milder dose of beet powder.
Who Should Not Take Horbaach Beetroot Capsules?
- Vegans and vegetarians.
Best Mild Dose
For people who want a milder beet dose than normal, Natural Elements Beetroot capsules should be the ideal choice. This product is best suited for lighter-weight people as your nitrate requirements are based on your body weight.
Natural Elements Beetroot Capsules
Natural Elements Beetroot capsules are mild-dosed beet supplements. You get 1200 mg of beets in a single serving, providing you with a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin A, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, and sodium.
Each container of Natural Elements Beetroot capsules provides you with 200 capsules for a total of 100 servings. It is free of additives, preservatives, and sweeteners.
This product is manufactured in the United States under GMP conditions.
Who Should Take Natural Elements Beetroot Capsules?
- People who want a mild dose of beets.
- Those with high blood pressure.
Who Should Not Take Natural Elements Beetroot Capsules?
- People who are after a high nitrate count beet supplement.
Best Circulation Booster
Our top circulation-boosting beet supplement does a great job of dilating the blood vessels to allow for enhanced blood flow to your muscles. It can also help to lower your blood pressure and improve heart health.
Natural Fuel Power Beets
Natural Fuel Power Beets is a natural energy booster that claims to be a circulation superfood. It mixes very easily with water or in your pre-workout drink. This is a concentrated blend of six whole beets to supply nitric oxide enhancing compounds to increase blood flow.
Natural Fuel Power Beets come in a tasty acai berry pomegranate flavor. It contains no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, or preservatives, and is vegan and gluten-free. Each container provides you with 60 servings.
This is a pretty high concentration beet product that may be a bit overpowering for some people.
Who Should Take Natural Fuel Power Beets?
- People who want a high potency beet supplement.
- People who want to mix it with a pre-workout.
- Those with high blood pressure.
Who Should Not Take Natural Fuel Power Beets?
- People who want a mild beet supplement dosage.
Best High Dose
If you are after a high dose of nitrates to provide maximum nitric oxide stimulation, you’ll want to go with Snap-Nitric Oxide Organic Beets. The more the nitrates, the greater the blood-boosting effect of the product.
Snap-Nitric Oxide Organic Beets
Snap-Nitric Oxide Organic Beets is the highest dosed nitrate supplement on this list, with 6,863 mg of nitric oxide complex per serving, most of which comes from beets. It also includes pomegranate powder, red spinach extract, black pepper extract, and potassium chloride.
This powerful complex will dilate your blood vessels to allow greater blood flow to your muscle cells. It will also lower blood pressure and increase the strength of muscle contractions.
Snap-Nitric Oxide Organic Beets mixes easily with water, juice, or a pre-workout. Every serving provides you with six grams of carbs, which might be a bit high for some people. There are also 24 calories per serve.
Who Should Take Snap-Nitric Oxide Organic Beets?
- People who want a super high dose of nitrates.
- Those after a super workout pump.
Who Should Not Take Snap-Nitric Oxide Organic Beets?
- People who want a mild dose of nitrates.
Best as an Additive
Our best additive beet supplement is ideal for adding to your soups, sauces, gravies, and other recipes to boost the nutrient content of your meals.
NatureVibe Botanicals Organic Beetroot Powder
NatureVibe Botanicals Organic Beetroot Powder is made from whole organic beets that are dehydrated and then ground down into powder form. Besides mixing it in water, you could add the powder to gravies, sauces, soups, and other recipes.
Each serving of NatureVibe Botanicals Organic Beetroot Powder contains just 30 calories. At eight carbs per tablespoon, it is a little high for those trying to lose weight. Each pack contains 113 servings.
Who Should Take NatureVibe Botanicals Organic Beetroot Powder?
- People who want to add beet powder to their recipes.
- Those who want a pure, single-ingredient beet supplement.
Who Should Not Take NatureVibe Botanicals Organic Beetroot Powder?
- People who want a low carbohydrate beetroot supplement.
A chewable beet supplement is perfect for those who don’t want the hassle of mixing a powder in water or taking multiple capsules a day. Our favorite chewable beet supp is tasty and convenient while being nutrient-dense.
HumanN Superbeets Chews
HumanN Superbeets Chews is a convenient and tasty chewable version of their powdered beetroot supplement, making it a fantastic option for people who aren’t fans of capsules and powders.
There is 500 mg of beetroot powder in each chewable along with 150 mg of grape seed extract for enhanced nitric oxide boosting effect. The carb count is nine grams, which is pretty high for a small chewable.
The pomegranate-cherry flavor of this chewable is pretty tasty. It is free of preservatives, artificial flavors, or sweeteners.
Who Should Take HumanN Superbeets Powder?
- People who prefer a chewable over a powder or capsule supp.
Who Should Not Take HumanN Superbeets Powder?
- People want a low-carb beetroot supplement.
How We Decided Our Picks
In narrowing it down to our top 10 Beet supplements, we considered a range of products. In making our selections, we took the following factors into account:
Beet dosage was the first thing we considered while choosing the best beet supplements. We required that it be in keeping with the current scientific recommendations.
Beetroot doses revolve around the nitrate content, which should be between 0.1 to 0.2 mmol/kg. If we take the mid-range of those two figures, a 70-kilogram (154-pound) person should be taking around 1500 mg of beet powder per day.
Beetroot supplements in elixir and tincture forms were excluded from consideration because the dosage was too low. 
Since we emphasized the dosage, we did not consider beet supplements that hid the beet dose behind a proprietary blend. Proprietary blend labels prevent you from knowing the individual doses of the ingredients.
Companies that undergo third-party testing give their customers confidence that the product is completely pure and that what’s in the container is exactly what’s written on the product label.
What are the Benefits of Taking a Beet Supplement?
Supplementing with beet entails the following benefits:
- High Fiber — Beets are a rich source of fiber, which is essential for proper digestion and gut health. Fiber helps you lose weight because it keeps you feeling full for a long time, helping to prevent between-meal snacks.
- Vitamins and Plant Compounds — Beets are packed with vitamins and minerals like B9, C, manganese, potassium, and iron. They are also loaded with plant compounds such as inorganic nitrate, betanin, and vulgaxanthin. These nutrients provide a host of health benefits, including boosting workout energy levels.
- Lowered blood pressure — The high levels of inorganic nitrates within beet have been shown to help significantly reduce blood pressure levels. These convert to nitric oxide, which can dilate blood vessels. 
- Heart Health — The nitrates in beets also have heart health benefits. One study found that daily beetroot supplementation can aid in reducing the overstimulation of the sympathetic nervous system in cardiac patients, bringing down their resting heart rate. 
- Athletic Performance — The higher nitric oxide levels that come with beet supplementation can help increase exercise endurance, which is especially beneficial for athletes who engage in endurance events. Gym goers who work out for more than an hour will also notice an energy surge when supplementing with beet.
- Greater Pump Effect — Supplementing with beet can aid in enhancing vasodilation. This leads to greater blood flow to your muscles, engorging the muscle cell and resulting in a pump.
- Overcoming Erectile Dysfunction — The increased blood flow that comes with using a beet supplement may help erectile dysfunction. This problem is often due to an inability to produce nitric oxide naturally.
- Improved Cognitive Performance — Better blood flow may lead to improved brain performance. A 2015 study found that beet supplements helped improve blood flow to the brain and performance on academic tasks. 
Who Should Take a Beet Supplement?
Beet supplements can benefit all people. However, there are specific groups who will find it especially beneficial, including:
- Gym goers — Nitrates in beets will help dilate blood vessels and speed up the flow of blood, oxygen, and nutrients to the muscle cell. This can help enhance your pumps and improve your recovery between sets.
- Endurance athletes — Supplementing with beets can help improve muscular endurance to allow athletes to keep going when they would otherwise have reached muscular failure.
- People with high blood pressure — Nitrates in beet supplements help increase blood flow which, in turn, lowers blood pressure.
How are beet supplements made?
Beet supplements are made using whole beets. The beets are hydrated and then broken down into crystal form. The crystalized beets are then turned into powder.
Are there any side effects to taking beet supplements?
There are no known side effects of beet supplements. Some people, though, may experience several side effects. These include discoloration of urine, upset stomach, and abdominal cramping.
In rare cases, kidney and liver problems have been reported by people who have taken extra-large doses of beets and beet supplements.
However, you should not have any problems with a beet supplement if you stick with the recommended dose.
Is a beet supplement better than eating whole beets?
Beet supplements are not objectively better than eating whole beets. It really comes down to a matter of preference. Some people prefer to stick with the complete nutrient profile that comes with eating whole foods. They also enjoy the taste and texture.
Other people prefer a beet supplement because it contains very low carbohydrates and calories. They also prefer the ease of simply taking a beet supplement rather than going through the hassle of peeling and cooking a beet.
What are the different ways of taking a beet supplement?
Beet supplements are available in powder, capsule, or tablet form. Many people prefer taking it in powder form as this allows them to add it to their protein shakes or other beverage. Most powders are not flavored so that they will not interfere with the taste of the drink that it is added to.
Some capsule form beet supplements require that you take three or more capsules per day. Some may find this uncomfortable.
The Bottom Line
A beet supplement delivers a powerful blend of vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds. It will boost your body’s nitric oxide levels, allowing you to lower your blood pressure, increase your energy levels and achieve intense muscle pumps.
The best beet supplement on the 2022 market is Self Evolution Beet12 which provides you with 5000 mg of organic beet powder and 2000 mcg of Vitamin B12. Check it out here.
- Kapil V, Khambata RS, Robertson A, Caulfield MJ, Ahluwalia A. Dietary nitrate provides sustained blood pressure lowering in hypertensive patients: a randomized, phase 2, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Hypertension. 2015;65(2):320-327. doi:10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.114.04675
- Webb AJ, Patel N, Loukogeorgakis S, Okorie M, Aboud Z, Misra S, Rashid R, Miall P, Deanfield J, Benjamin N, MacAllister R, Hobbs AJ, Ahluwalia A. Acute blood pressure lowering, vasoprotective, and antiplatelet properties of dietary nitrate via bioconversion to nitrite. Hypertension. 2008 Mar;51(3):784-90. doi: 10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.107.103523. Epub 2008 Feb 4. PMID: 18250365; PMCID: PMC2839282.
- American Physiological Society (APS). (2017, May 10). Beetroot juice may provide benefits to heart disease patients. ScienceDaily. Retrieved June 1, 2022 from www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170510115522.htm