CrossFit lovers are going to have an amazing late 2021 and an equally amazing early 2022. We already know that the Dubai CrossFit Championship will return from 16th to 18th December 2021. Wodapalooza, a four-day CrossFit competition, will be held in Miami, Florida from 13th to 16th January 2022, a few weeks later with a prize purse of $500,000 (more details has yet to be released). The competition is organized by Loud & Live Sports which also organizes The Granite Games.
Elite CrossFit athletes from around the globe will compete against each other for the hefty prize money of $500,000 at Wodapalooza. During his appearance on The Sevan Podcast, Loud and Live Sports President Matt O’Keefe told Sevan Mattosian that the 2022 chapter of Wodapalooza will have a free live stream.
Wodapalooza season consists of two stages of competition: The Wodapalooza Online Challenge and Qualifier (WZAOC) and The Wodapalooza Miami Fitness Festival (WZA Miami). All the individuals and teams have to get past the WZAOC and qualifier to compete in the Championship.
The online challenge for Individuals will take place over ten days from 4th to 15th October 2021. Five workouts will be released on 4th and 5th October. Athletes will have ten days to submit their scores, which have to be submitted on or before October 15th, 11:59 PM EST.
The online challenge for teams will take place from 1st to 10th November. Teams will have to submit their scores on or before 10th November, 11:59 EST after the workouts are released on 1st and 3rd November.
- Oct. 4-5, 2021: WZAOC Individual workouts released (five total)
- Oct. 15, 2021: WZAOC Individual submissions due by 11:59 p.m. EST
- Nov. 1, 2021: First WZAOC Team workout released (first of seven)
- Nov. 10, 2021: WZAOC Team submissions due by 11:59 p.m. EST
- Jan. 13, 2022: 2022 Wodapalooza Day 1
- Jan. 14, 2022: 2022 Wodapalooza Day 2
- Jan. 15, 2022: 2022 Wodapalooza Day 3
- Jan. 16, 2022: 2022 Wodapalooza Day 4
Video submissions will be required at the conclusion of the challenge to be eligible to earn a competitive spot in Wodapalooza Miami.
Who will bypass participation in The Wodapalooza Online Challenge and Qualifier?
- CrossFit Games 21 – All Individual Elite Athletes
- Individual CrossFit Games Top 3 – 2015-2020
- CrossFit Games 21 Quarterfinals – Top 30 Men & Women Worldwide
- Individual Top 3 at WZA, DCC, & Granite Games 21: Top 3 Men & Women
- Individual Winners at WZA, DCC or Granite Games the last five years: 1st Place Men & Women
- Individual Winners at 21 CFG Semi-final
Elite Team of 3
- CrossFit Games 21 – Top 10 Team – May put together 1 male & 1 female team of 3 consisting of both CrossFit Games teams
- Any individually Elite Invited athletes may put together an Elite Team of 3, as long as a minimum of two of the three athletes are part of the invite criteria
Tia-Clair Toomey-Orr a four-time reigning Fittest Women on Earth® and Patrick Vellner won the 2020 Wodapolooza. The 2021 Wodapalooza show was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Wodapalooza rulebook outlines all the criteria and guidelines for athletes in minute detail.
Athletes willing to participate in Wodapalooza 2022 can register their names on the WZAOC official registration page.