You can sleep on your back, but don’t sleep on doing the right back exercises.
In CrossFit, working out your back can sometimes be overlooked. A strong back provides the foundation for a lot of CrossFit’s favorite movement. Here are some tips and tricks towards building a strong back for CrossFit
How a strong back can help you in CrossFit:
- Control and perform gymnastic movements such as muscle ups
- Improve the pulling phases of your Olympic Lifts
- Help stabilize all overhead balancing and pressing movements
- Supports your spine and protect you from bodily injury
- Maintain a good posture
- Enable you to lift more, get stronger on the most important basic strength exercises
- Works your core to stabilize and control movements
A good part of working your back is the warm-up. Make sure your warm up movements mimic what workouts you plan to do that day. During the warm up your heart should elevate and your muscles must stretch.
After that, about your scapula and shoulders when warming up for training your back.
The prone row works your back, especially your upper back. A prone row is for strengthening the muscles that pull your shoulder blades and play a big part in your back.
A classic exercise, but still a very important one for your back. For overall strength and conditioning, it’s tough to beat a well executed deadlift.
The deadlift is a key element to functional back strength.
The barbell row is essential for building a great looking back. As a bonus the barbell row is also great for your core.
DUAL KB RACK CARRY
The dual KB rack carry is another exercise that builds your upper back.
A sumo stance lift is another great exercise for your lower back.