The 2020 CrossFit Games is going to be taking place in a unique two-part format this year. This is how you can watch Stage One of the competition.
Due to the global pandemic and complications surrounding it, the 2020 CrossFit Games was forced to adapt to a hybrid format. The first part of this will feature an online qualifier, taking place over the course of two days. This will determine the top five male and top five female athletes, who will advance to the finals, which is the second part of the contest. This Stage Two will take place in-person a month later, in Aromas, California, and will crown this year’s Games champions.
Find the latest 2020 CrossFit Games Results, Leaderboard And Prize Money
Stage One of this year’s Games goes down September 18th and 19th, with a preshow on September 17th. A week out from the contest, they posted to their Instagram page to reveal the schedule for the events. It breaks down as follows:
- Thursday, September 17th: Preshow – 6:30pm EST (3:30pm PST)
- Friday, September 18th: Day One, Part One – 3pm EST (12pm PST)
- Friday, September 18th: Day One, Part Two – 9pm EST (6pm PST)
- Saturday, September 19th: Day Two, Part One – 3pm EST (12pm PST)
- Saturday, September 19th: Day Two, Part Two 6pm EST (3pm PST)
Watch the Events 1 and 2 – 2020 CrossFit Games
The post explains that throughout the competition, results and athletes standings will be updated and posted to the CrossFit Games website. In addition to this information, it was also revealed what equipment is required to compete at the 2020 CrossFit Games. They include the following:
- Barbell (15kg/35lb and 20kg/45lb)
- Standard Bumper Plates (18in diameter)
- Change Plates (1lb minimum)
- Barbell Collars
- Pull-up Bar
- Squat Rack
- GHD Machine
- Running Route With One Turnaround (300m out and 300m back)
- Concept2 Model D Rower
- Jump Rope
- Wall for handstand push-ups)
Despite the online format for the 2020 CrossFit Games, athletes are only given one chance to complete an exercise, as is traditional for in-person competition. The videos of athlete’s workouts will be released throughout the weekend for fans to see. This is certainly a unique format to see, but it is going to be fun to watch it play out, beginning with Stage One.
Leave a Reply