The CrossFit Games are now just weeks away with the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games set for July 27 in Madison, Wisconsin. The most recent round of qualifiers includes the third round of the Semifinal Qualifier events, all of which have already occurred the weekend of June 11. Of those events, the unofficial results of the German Throwdown have been released, with 5 women, 5 men, and 5 teams making it to the CrossFit Games set for July.
The German Throwdown has typically been a worldwide event since 2014, offering workouts to athletes with the hopes they will qualify for the CrossFit Games Finals. This year, these Semifinal qualifiers were held online the weekend of June 11, concluding on June 13.
German Throwdown Results
- Jonne Koski (FIN) 544 points
- Lazar Dukic (SRB) 520 points
- Luka Dukic (SRB) 443 points
- Andre Houdet (DNK) 440 points
- Giorgos Karavis (GRC) 437 points
- Fabian Beneito (ESP) 433 points
- Alex Kotoulas (GRC) 421 points
- Joshua Al-Chamaa (GRB) 361 points
- Haraldur Holgersson (ISL) 350 points
- Elliot Simmonds (GBR) 343 points
For the men, those that have secured their place at the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games include Jonne Koski, Lazar Dukic, Luka Dukic, Andre Houdet, and Giorgos Karavis.
- Kristin Holte (NOR) 572 points
- Jacqueline Dahlstrom (ISL) 552 points
- Katrin Davidsdottir (ISL) 468 points
- Emilia Leppanen (FIN) 446 points
- Emma Tall (SWE) 442 points
- Samantha Briggs (GBR) 436 points
- Evie Hollis (GBR) 393 points
- Oihanna Moya (ESP) 411 points
- Matilde Garnes (NOR) 391 points
- Antea Longo (ITA) 352 points
For the women, those that have secured their place at the 2021 NOBULL CrossFit Games include Kristin Holte, Jacqueline Dahlstrom, Katrin Davidsdottir, Emilia Leppanen, and Emma Tall.
German Throwdown Events Results
For the CrossFit German Throwdown, the events were time-based challenges with some surprising results. Jonne Koski held 37th place at the CrossFit Games in 2019 and won five out of six events. Kristin Holte owned the show for the women, taking first in four of six events. Two-time Fittest Woman on Earth Katrin Davidsdottir did not have her best weekend but held her own enough to stay in the top 5 and qualify for the CrossFit Games.
Here are the top-three standings for each of the individual events.
Friendly Fran – 21 thrusters (85lb/115lb), 21 chest-to-bar pull-ups, 3 rounds
- Iurii Marincenco (ITA) 3:35
- Jonne Koski (FIN) 3:37
- Giorgos Karavis (GRC) 3:39
- Jacqueline Dahlstrom (NOR) 4:12
- Oihana Moya (ESP) 4:17
- Kristin Holte (NOR) 4:45
This event included 50 dumbbell shoulder-to-overheads, 50 dumbbell deadlifts, 50 GHD sit-ups, 100 single-arm dumbbell overhead squats, 50 GHD sit-ups, 50 dumbbell deadlifts, 50 dumbbell shoulder-to-overheads with a 25 minute time cap. For the men, 50 lb dumbbells were used, and 35 lb dumbbells for the women.
- Lazar Dukic (SRB) 12:03
- Jonne Koski (FIN) 12:14
- Luka Dukic (SRB) 13:02
- Kristin Holte (NOR) 11:18
- Evie Hollis (GBR) 11:32
- Jacqueline Dahlstrom (NOR) 11:51
This event included 30 muscle-ups, 30 m dumbbell front-rack lunge, 300 double-unders, 20 muscle-ups, 20m dumbbell front-rack lunge, 200 double-unders, 10 muscle-ups, 10m dumbbell front-rack lunge, 100 double-unders, with a 25-minute time cap. Men used 50 lb dumbbells, and women used 35 lb dumbbells.
- Jonne Koski (FIN) 13:15
- Lazar Dukic (SRB) 14:13
- Giorgos Karavis (GRC) 14:21
- Kristin Holte (NOR) 15:04
- Samantha Briggs (GBR) 16:25
- Matilde Garnes (NOR) 16:40
This event was a 10 minute timed AMRAP that included 10 snatches (85lb women/135lb men), a rest of 1 minute, 10 snatches (125lb women, 185 lb men), a rest of 1 minute, 10 snatches (145lb women, 225lb men), rest 1 minute.
- Boris Judin (SRB) 48 reps
- Joshua Al-Chamaa (GRB) 46 reps
- Andre Houdet (DNK) 45 reps
- Katrin Tanja Davidsdottir (ISL) 51 reps
- Jacqueline Dahlstrom (NOR) 50 reps
- Hanna Karlsson (SWE) 49 reps
This event had a 30-minute time cap that included a 2000m row, 60m handstand walk, 5 legless rope climbs, 1000m row, 40m handstand walk, 4 legless rope climbs, 500m row, 20 m handstand walk, 3 legless rope climbs.
- Lazar Dukic (SRB) 19:32
- Jonne Koski (FIN) 19:48
- Luka Dukic (SRB) 19:54
- Kristin Holte (NOR) 23:16
- Emma Tall (SWE) 23:28
- Samantha Briggs (GBR) 24:37
This event held a 7-minute time cap and included 10 rounds of 3 clean and jerks, and 3 bar-facing burpees with women using 95lb weights and men using 135lb weights.
- Jonne Koski (FIN) 2:18
- Andre Houdet (DNK) 2:35
- Fabian Beneito (ESP) 2:37
- Kristin Holte (NOR) 2:34
- Emilia Leppanen (FIN) 2:43
- Oihana Moya (ESP) 2:45
For the team events at the CrossFit German Throwdown, CrossFit Oslo Wolfpack took home first place with 570 points and a sweet 50 point lead ahead of the second-place team The Athlete Program. A tie for fourth place kept all teams on the edge as they fought for their spot in the Games.
- CrossFit Oslo Wolfpack 570 points
- The Athlete Program 520 points
- From the Port 505 points
- Team CrossFit Genas 480 points
- AOD Fitness 480 points
- Team CrossFit Genas (7:01)
- CrossFit Oslo Wolfpack (7:13)
- The Athlete Program (7:55)
- CrossFit Oslo Wolfpack (18:52)
- The Athlete Program (20:19)
- AOD Fitness (21:12)
- Team CrossFit Genas (12:27)
- From the Port (12:41)
- CrossFit Oslo Wolfpack (13:26)
- CrossFit Oslo Wolfpack (1007 lbs)
- AOD Fitness (1003 lbs)
- From the Port (982 lbs)
- From the Port (224 reps)
- CrossFit Oslo Wolfpack (215 reps)
- The Athlete Program (203 reps)
- AOD Fitness (12:46)
- From the Port (13:25)
- CrossFit Oslo Wolfpack (13:30)
The changes to the Games this year are phasing some athletes, while not even touching the skills of others. The Games are still about finding the Fittest on Earth, no matter where their events are held.
So far, both Jonne Koski and Kristin Holte are rising to the top as leaders in their own rights. Meanwhile, CrossFit favorites such as Katrin Davidsdottir and Sam Briggs are not shining like they usually do. They could be saving the best for last, and that wouldn’t surprise any of their fans.
More semifinal events are coming up June 18-20. There will be one live competition and two online events. The next round of semifinals are for the West Coast Classic, the Atlas Games, and the Asia Invitational. We will keep you posted as more Semifinals results come in.