Alexis René Glabach, popularly known as Alexis Ren, is an American model, social media personality, actress, entrepreneur, singer, dancer, and environmental and mental health activist.
Ren is a sought-after model with over 17 million followers on her Instagram. Born on November 23, 1996, in Santa Monica, CA, the social media influencer started modeling for the young women-focused brand Brandy Melville at 13. She hasn’t looked back since.
Ren’s shot to fame was her photos in a black string bikini which went viral on Tumblr. She was 15 at that time. Her photos were so good she was named the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Rookie of the Year in 2018.
The Santa Monica native was Maxim’s cover girl for the August 2017 issue and Maxim’s Mexico cover girl for March 2018. Maxim really took a liking for Ren as she was in Maxim’s Hot 100 list of Sexiest Women in the World in 2019.
Since then, Ren has appeared in commercials for the famous mobile game Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire and competed in the 27th season of Dancing with the Stars, finishing fourth. Ren has also featured as Scarlet Jones in Ed Sheeran’s South of the Border music video.
This article covers Ren’s diet and training program. It might not get you a spot on Maxim’s cover, but it will get you in your life’s best shape.
|Full Name: Alexis René Glabach|
|128 pounds||5’9” (176 cm)||27 years|
|Date of Birth||Birthplace||Zodiac Sign|
|Nov. 23, 1996||Santa Monica, CA||Sagittarius|
Alexis Ren Early Life
Ren was born and grew up in Santa Monica, CA. She was homeschooled along with her four siblings. Ren saw early success as a young model. She landed her first modeling gig when she was 13 and went viral on the internet when she was 15. Ren has since worked with brands like Calvin Klein, Puma, and L’Oreal.
The Santa Monica native has also appeared in music videos, such as “Silverlined” by XYconstant, “Hey” by Fais ft. Afrojack, “Is It Love” by 3LAU, “Paris” (lyric video) by The Chainsmokers, and “Not Ok” by Kygo.
Ren’s mother, a health nutritionist expert, passed away in 2014 because of breast cancer. The social media influencer developed an eating disorder following her mother’s death. Fitness, meditation, and journaling helped Ren cope with her “toxic state of mind.”
Ren is a proponent of mental health, wellness, and fitness. In 2021, she started We Are Warriors (WAW), an online hub focusing on the three critical issues. The model has been vocal about her bouts with anxiety and depression and is working on helping other women conquer them.
The fitness model turned entrepreneur by launching “Ren Active” — her activewear line. She also founded a management company in Japan called Meissa Inc.
Alexis Ren Training Program
Ren has an incredibly chiseled figure and is famous for her tight waistline. She has previously revealed that she trains her abs five times a week using different exercises to keep her figure in top shape.
Ren combines strength training with cardio, yoga, and stretching to stay in photoshoot-ready shape throughout the year. The social media star mainly focuses on functional training, which helps improve her overall physical performance.
Alexis Ren Workout Regimen
Below is Ren’s training routine to build and maintain an awe-inspiring figure:
Alexis Ren Ab Workout — Monday
Ren has a Greek Goddess-like midsection. Her carved abs are the result of an intense training regimen. You’ll come across hundreds, if not thousands, of ab workouts on YouTube. However, Ren has carved a niche for herself. Her midriff-carving workout on the video-sharing platform has over 53 million views. You read that right, 53 million!
Ren follows a short but very intense ab training circuit. She performs 18 back-to-back exercises in her training session for 30 seconds each. Although Ren’s ab workout lasts 9.5 minutes, it’ll leave you begging for mercy. Below is her ab-training circuit:
- Knee-Touch Crunch
- Heel Taps
- Bicycle Crunch
- Reach-Through Crunch
- Raised Leg Crunch
- Toe Tap
- Flutter Kick
- Leg Raise
- Raised Leg Alternating Toe Reach
- Crunch Kick
- Mountain Climber
- Side Plank (Each Side)
- Plank Twist
- Spider-Man Crunch
Ensure that you move from one exercise to the other without stopping for rest. Pausing between exercises will hamper your workout intensity.
Pro Tip: Although this is a bodyweight ab workout, it might be too hard for beginners and novices. Beginners and folks lacking core strength should rest 30 seconds between sets to give their abs time to recover. Reduce your rest time by 10 seconds each week. You should be able to complete this workout without stopping for rest after four weeks of practice.
Alexis Ren Glute and Lower Body Workout — Tuesday
The model keeps her glute and lower body workout intensity high by performing an exercise for time instead of reps. She keeps the rest duration between exercises to a minimum and focuses on performing the moves with perfect form.
- Squat: 30 seconds
- Alternate lateral squat: 30 seconds
- Bowler squat: 30 seconds
- Rear lunge pulse: 30 seconds
- Squat pulse: 30 seconds
- Rainbow leg arcs: 30 seconds
- Hydrant pose: 20 seconds
- Press the sky: 20 seconds
- Bridge pose: 20 seconds
Pro Tip: Try to complete this workout within seven minutes. Repeat this circuit if you have gas left in the tank after the first round. You can also use additional resistance in the form of weight plates, dumbbells, and ankle weights to make these exercises harder.
Alexis Ren Hot Yoga — Wednesday
Ren uses low-intensity exercises twice weekly to allow her body time to rest and recuperate from her workouts. She engages in hot yoga once a week, which helps her improve flexibility, burn calories, build bone density, reduce stress, and improve skin quality. 
Alexis Ren Full-Body Strength Training — Thursday
Ren performs a full body strength training workout between her lower and upper body routines, ensuring overall physique development. Keep your rest duration between sets and exercises short for optimal intensity.
- Squat: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Leg press: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg extension: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Elevated split squat: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Dumbbell row: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Lat pulldown: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Glute bridge: 3 sets of 15 reps
- Goblet squat: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Dumbbell curl: 3 sets of 15 reps
- EZ bar curl: 3 sets of 12 reps
- Push-up: 3 sets of 12 reps
Pro Tip: Pushing heavy weights is not the objective of this workout. Use weights you can handle for the recommended reps while adhering to proper form. Focus on contracting your muscles with every rep.
Alexis Ren Upper Body Training — Friday
Incorporating an upper body session in her training regimen helps the Santa Monica native maintain an hourglass physique. While a bubble butt and chiseled midriff are essential, you also need developed and well-shaped shoulders and back to complete an X-frame.
- Incline push-up: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Dumbbell chest press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Bicep curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Tricep extension: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Tricep kickback: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Bent over row: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Lateral raise: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Front raise: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Overhead shoulder press: 3 sets of 10 reps
- Push-up: 3 sets of 10 reps
Pro Tip: Use a weight that allows you to hit failure in every set. Feel free to perform 12-15 reps if you still have gas left in the tank after doing the recommended ten reps.
Alexis Ren Hikes and Pilates — Saturday
Once a week, Ren goes for a hike. Her goal with the hikes is to get her heart rate up to boost her metabolism. She sometimes swaps the hikes with a Pilates class to improve her mobility, core strength, and balance. 
Rest — Sunday
Although the last day of the week on the Alexis Ren workout regimen is a rest day, you shouldn’t spend the day on your couch. To optimize your metabolism, perform a 30-45 minute low-intensity steady-state cardio regimen.
Alexis Ren Diet Program
Since Ren started early in modeling, she switched to a calorie-restricted diet and developed a negative relationship with food. This turned into an eating disorder after the passing of her mother.
After overcoming her toxic relationship with food, she now ensures she eats nutrient-dense whole foods in every meal and follows a macro-balanced diet. The model counts her calories occasionally but isn’t obsessed with it.
Ren eats four meals daily, which helps keep her metabolism working in top gear, ensuring she burns calories throughout the day. She eats frequent but small meals. Her meals are nutrient-dense but calorie-restricted.
Ren is very regimental with her dietary choices. She avoids red meat, bread, and fast food and limits her sodium and sugar intake. For her cheat meals, she eats chocolate and anything else she might have been craving.
Alex Ren Diet Plan
The social media star eats four meals daily, which include three big meals and a snack. Depending on her day, she might snack between lunch and dinner or late at night.
- Sugar-free and gluten-free pancakes made using eggs
- Protein shake with vegan protein powder
- Kale and chicken salad
- A bowl of fruit
- Veggie burgers with lettuce bun and organic avocado
- Banana ice cream
- Kale chips
- Mixed fruit salad with papaya, pineapple, mango, strawberries, and watermelon
- Protein bar
- Trail mix without chocolate
- Kale chips
- Rice crackers with organic almond butter
You should stick to the same food to remain consistent until you reach your physique goals. Alternatively, you could use foods with similar nutritional value to add variety to your meals.
You are allowed to have one snack at a time. Do not stack multiple snacks, as it will throw off the macronutrient balance, rendering the diet useless.
Alexis Ren Supplement Stack
Ren relies on supplements to fill the nutrient voids in her diet. She also combines fat burners, greens powder, and biotin to achieve her trademark look.
- Vegan Protein Powder: Plant-based proteins are easier to digest than whey protein powders. However, you must get a vegan protein powder with a complete amino acid profile.
- Multivitamins: Although many people focus on their macronutrient intake, a few understand the importance of micronutrients. Multivitamins can help fill the vitamin and mineral void in your diet.
- Greens Powder: They contain a blend of various green plants and vegetables, such as spinach, kale, spirulina, and chlorella, that improves digestion, boosts energy, and supports immune function.
- Fat Burner: These supplements are an effective tool to boost your metabolism, helping you lose weight quickly. However, you shouldn’t become over-reliant on them. Eating a balanced nutrition-dense diet should be your primary objective.
- Probiotics: These supps support your overall digestive health and immune system by improving digestion and nutrient absorption. It helps with bloating, gas, and constipation and can reduce gut inflammation.
- Biotin: It is a B vitamin that promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails. It also supports healthy metabolism and brain function and reduces gut inflammation.
You might also like:
- Scarlett Johansson Workout and Diet Program
- Megan Fox Diet and Workout Program
- Dana Linn Bailey Diet and Workout Program
- Khloé Kardashian Diet and Workout Program
Alexis Ren is one of the most sought-after models in the industry. Her ab workouts are a hit on the internet. The social media influencer preaches following a balanced diet and training program, emphasizing whole foods, balance, and consistency.
Using strength training, cardio, and Pilates in her training regimen helps Ren maintain a lean and toned figure that is strong and flexible. Follow her training and diet program to build your dream physique. Best of luck!
- Tracy BL, Hart CE. Bikram yoga training and physical fitness in healthy young adults. J Strength Cond Res. 2013 Mar;27(3):822-30. doi: 10.1519/JSC.0b013e31825c340f. PMID: 22592178.
- Hewett ZL, Pumpa KL, Smith CA, Fahey PP, Cheema BS. Effect of a 16-week Bikram yoga program on perceived stress, self-efficacy and health-related quality of life in stressed and sedentary adults: A randomized controlled trial. J Sci Med Sport. 2018 Apr;21(4):352-357. doi: 10.1016/j.jsams.2017.08.006. Epub 2017 Aug 24. PMID: 28866110.
- Oliveira LC, Oliveira RG, Pires-Oliveira DA. Comparison between static stretching and the Pilates method on the flexibility of older women. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2016 Oct;20(4):800-806. doi: 10.1016/j.jbmt.2016.01.008. Epub 2016 Feb 3. PMID: 27814860.
- Kulkarni, Mrunal & Saini, Seema & Palekar, Tushar & Hamdulay, Nargis & Professor, D. (2020). EFFECTS OF PILATES ON CORE MUSCLE STRENGTH AND ENDURANCE IN POST 6 MONTHS DELIVERED WOMEN. 11. 136 – 151.