How to Use Push-up Calculator
To calculate the calories burned doing push ups you just need to input your weight and time spent doing the push ups activity in minutes.
This is how you do that step-by-step:
- Choose your unit of measurement – metric (kilograms) or imperial (pounds)
- Enter your weight
- Select the specific Push-up activity and add the number of minutes you spent doing it
- Hit Calculate
You will now see the approximate calories burned doing push-ups exercise.
How The Calculator Works
This calculator uses the MET value (Metabolic Equivalent of Task) of Push-Ups. This value is used to rate the calorie expenditure of various physical activities and is in the MET formula for calorie calculation. Please note this formula does not factor in things like sex, age, muscle mass, or previous ability.
Total Calories burned per minute = (3.5 x MET x body weight in kg)/200
Weight of a person: 180 lbs
MET value: 3.8 (Push-Ups Moderate Effort) – 8 (Push-Ups Vigorous Effort)
Time: 60 minutes
The calorie calculation for Push-Ups for 60 minutes is as follows:
(180/2.20462) * 8 * 0.0175 * 30 minutes = 343
The average person weighing 180 pounds will burn approximately 326-686 calories per hour by doing Push-Ups.
When it comes to bodyweight exercises that work your upper body pushing muscles (chest, triceps, and shoulders), the push-up is king. Below are some of the benefits of doing push-ups:
- Builds muscle
- Increases strength
- Improves power and explosiveness
- No equipment needed (bodyweight)
- Plenty of variations
How Many Calories do Push-ups Burn?
The average person weighing 190 pounds.
|Number of push ups||20 push ups per min||25 push ups per min||30 push ups per min||35 push ups per min||40 push ups per min|
|10 push ups||3||2||2||1.6||1.4|
|20 push ups||6||5||4||3||3|
|30 push ups||9||7||6||5||4|
|40 push ups||11||9||8||7||6|
|50 push ups||14||11||10||8||7|
|80 push ups||23||18||15||13||11|
|100 push ups||29||23||19||16||14|
|200 push ups||57||46||38||33||29|
More Calorie Calculators
Try out our other calorie-based calculators below.
- Calories Burned Pilates
- Calories Burned Yoga
- Calories Burned Walking
- Calories Burned Running
- Calories Burned Hiking
- Calories Burned Elliptical
- Calories Burned Weightlifting
- Calories Burned Jump rope
- Calories Burned Playing Badminton
- Calories Burned Backpacking
- Calories Burned Chopping Wood
- Calories Burned From Archery
- Calorie Deficit Calculator
- Jetté, M.; Sidney, K.; Blümchen, G. (1990-08). Metabolic equivalents (METS) in exercise testing, exercise prescription, and evaluation of functional capacity. Clinical Cardiology. 13 (8): 555–565. doi:10.1002/clc.4960130809.
- Ainsworth BE, Haskell WL, Herrmann SD, Meckes N, Bassett Jr DR, Tudor-Locke C, Greer JL, Vezina J, Whitt-Glover MC, Leon AS. The Compendium of Physical Activities Tracking Guide. Healthy Lifestyles Research Center, College of Nursing & Health Innovation, Arizona State University.
- Recommendations on physical activity for health from the Harvard School of Public Health and WHO global recommendations on physical activity for health (updated): https://www.who.int