It has been a tough few weeks for bodybuilding legend Flex Wheeler, as he battles through a particularly bad case of COVID-19. However, it seems that he is doing his best to stay positive, while getting well wishes from the likes of Dave Bautista.
The entire bodybuilding community has been behind Wheeler as he works to get through a spat with COVID-19 that has seen him hospitalized for nearly a month. The virus in itself is not the only problem, with it actually leading the already compromised kidneys of Flex to go into acute failure.
That said, he is doing his best to stay positive and keep working through it, making it clear that he has no plans on giving up this fight anytime soon, even with damage showing in his lungs. This mindset has been inspiring enough that it led to him getting a video message from WWE and Hollywood superstar Dave Bautista, who wished him a speedy recovery and let him know that he was not alone in this fight.
“We love you big dog. Just do your thing and get better, like you always do. Just pull through this and keep inspiring people. It’s not your time brother,” Bautista said, tagging Flex Wheeler.
View this post on Instagram
It’s All Love
It comes as a surprise to no one, that throughout this entire ordeal, Flex Wheeler has been nothing short of a beacon of positivity. Of course, this is to be expected from someone who has received multiple awards and recognition for his courage and ability to preserve through the many obstacles that he has faced over the years.
This positive mindset was put on display with another Instagram post from Flex himself, in the form of a video inside the hospital room. Here a positive message plays while Flex pans the room, talking about the paths that God has you walk when you ask him for something, while the bodybuilding legend says “one love.”
“Nothing but love ❤️” Wheeler captioned.
View this post on Instagram
It seems that throughout this entire ordeal, Flex Wheeler has made it clear that he is not going to stop fighting. Hopefully things look up for him moving forward, and he can get some sort of recovery.
Flex Wheeler Bodybuilding History
- 1993 Ironman Pro Invitational (1st)
- 1993 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic (1st)
- 1993 Mr. Olympia (2nd)
- 1993 Grand Prix France (1st)
- 1993 Grand Prix Germany (1st)
- 1995 Ironman Pro Invitational (1st)
- 1995 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic (2nd)
- 1995 South Beach Pro (1st)
- 1995 Mr. Olympia (8th)
- 1995 Grand Prix Spain (5th)
- 1996 Ironman Pro Invitational (1st)
- 1996 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic (2nd)
- 1996 Night of Champions (1st)
- 1996 Canada Pro Classic (2nd)
- 1996 Florida Cup Pro (1st)
- 1996 Mr. Olympia (4th)
- 1997 Ironman Pro (1st)
- 1997 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic (1st)
- 1997 San Jose Pro Invitational (1st)
- 1998 Ironman Pro Invitational (1st)
- 1998 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic (1st)
- 1998 Mr. Olympia (2nd)
- 1999 Grand Prix England (2nd)
- 1999 Pro World (2nd)
- 1999 Mr. Olympia (2nd)
- 2000 Mr. Olympia (3rd)
- 2000 Hungarian Grand Prix (1st)
- 2000 Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic (1st)
- 2000 Ironman Pro Invitational (2nd)
- 2002 Mr. Olympia (7th)
- 2003 Ironman Pro Invitational (3rd)
- 2017 Mr. Olympia Classic Physique (15th)