The weighted stability ball crunch is an isolation exercise which builds muscle and strength in the abdominal muscles of the core. This movement is great for when you don’t have access to a gym or it can be utilized as an addition to any effective ab routine.
Now, you only need to use a light weight with the weighted stability ball crunch since it’s already a challenging movement. But, once you become more advanced add weight for even more strength and muscle building benefits.
This movement is a tool you need in your training arsenal!
In This Exercise:
- Target Muscle Group: Rectus Abdominis
- Type: Strength
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Equipment: Stability ball, weight plate
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Lie on the stability ball so that your feet are flat on the ground.
- Then, hold the weight plate on your chest with arms crossed.
- Now, perform a crunch and lie back in the starting position.
- Complete the exercise for the ideal number of reps.
Variations & Tips:
- Start with a light weight and move up in weight when you’re comfortable with the movement.
- This movement is also very convenient because you can use a stability ball anywhere to get a very effective workout.
- The weighted stability ball crunch works the abdominal muscles of the core.