Andrei Lincan Deiu is a Men’s Physique bodybuilder and Fitness Model. This is the life and story of this Romania influencer, and how he got to the place where he is in his life.
(Men’s Physique Bodybuilder, Fitness Model)
|Full Name: Andrei Deiu|
|165lb-181lb (75kg-82kg)||5’11 (181cm)||28 years|
|Date of birth||Era||Nationality|
|May 8, 1996||2010, 2020||Romanian|
Born in Romania, Andre Deiu was always a bit of a introverted youth, which was only amplified when his family moved to the United Kingdom. He did not have many friends, and instead spent most of his free time playing video games, and not really doing much else.
This habit, along with an unhealthy relationship with food, led to him gaining some pretty serious weight. Between the hours spent in front of a game system, and his constant diet of junk food, led to him being a bit pudgy around the midsection, leading to body image issues.
Tired of not feeling confident in his appearance, Deiu began to go to the gym at 15 years old, looking to change his bad habits. However, things were not easy right off the bat though, as he admitted to feeling nervous about his ability to stick with these changes.
Nevertheless, he kept going back to the gym, and sure enough he would steadily begin losing weight and getting in good shape. By 17 years old, it was clear that the combination of good genetics and hard work could pay off, if he decided to make a move to bodybuilding.
Andrei Deiu Bodybuilding Career
The first that that Andrei Deiu competed on stage as a bodybuilder, he was 17 years old. After spending a few years working on himself in the gym, he decided to enter the Men’s Physique division of a local contest.
While he did not place here, Andrei was not to be deterred, realizing that there were some things he needed to work on. So he took some time, using the experience he gained from his first contest to improve, before deciding to return to the stage.
Deiu returned to compete at the Miami UK Fitness & Model Championships in St. Albans, where he was able to win the overall Men’s Physique title. He would continue this momentum with several other successful outings in the UK Bodybuilding Federation, before eventually turning his attention to the IFBB Pro League, after earning his Pro Card at the 2017 Amateur Olympia.
The next year, Andrei started to work with legendary trainer Hany Rambod, and Team Evogen. This training environment would help to lead him to more success, as he would return in 2019 to win the Romania Muscle Fest Pro.
This allowed Deiu to qualify for the 2020 Olympia, where he competed and landed in an impressive fifth place, proving that he is going to be a future threat. He backed this up with another win at the 2021 Texas Pro, before coming in 7th at the 2021 Olympia.
Andrei Deiu Competition History
- 2014 Miami UK Fitness & Model Championships – 1st (Men’s Physique Overall)
- 2017 Olympia Amateur – 1st (Pro Card)
- 2017 Arnold Classic Europe – 2nd place
- 2019 Romania Muscle Fest Pro – 1st place
- 2020 Mr. Olympia – 5th place
- 2021 IFBB Republic Of Texas Pro – 1st place
- 2021 IFBB Romania Muscle Fest Pro – 3rd place
- 2021 Mr. Olympia – 7th place
- 2022 IFBB Texas Pro – 1st place
In addition to being a successful bodybuilder, Andrei Deiu is also a fairly popular fitness model. He began to gain social media followers throughout his physical transformation, and shortly after he began competing onstage, he was able to leverage this budding fandom into sponsorships and modeling gigs.
Over the years, he has worked with the likes of Evogen, Man Active, Father Sons Menswear, among others. At the time of writing, he has amassed a following of nearly 5 million on his Instagram, with people drawn equally to his amazing physique, and inspirational story.
Andrei Deiu Training Regime
Given his job as a fitness model, Andrei Deiu never really has an off-season, always staying in the gym. He generally works out every day of the week, using a training split to ensure that he keeps a healthy balance of each body part.
Here is a breakdown of Andrei’s training split:
Monday (Chest and Shoulders)
- Incline Barbell Chest Press 4 sets/10-12 reps (Superset)
- Press Ups Incline 4 sets/10-12 reps
- Cable Fly’s Incline 4 sets/10-15 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Press 4 sets/8-10 reps (Last Set Drop Set)
- Machine Chest Fly’s 4 sets/10-12 reps
- Seated Lateral Raises 6 sets/10-15 reps (Last Set Drop Set)
Tuesday (Back and Abs)
- Pull Ups 3 sets to failure
- Pulldowns 5 sets/10-12 reps
- Seated Cable Row 4 sets/10-12 reps (Superset)
- Machine Pullovers 4 sets/10-12 reps
- One Arm Dumbbell Row 3 sets/8-10 reps
- Deadlifts 3 sets/8-10 reps
- Leg Raises 4 sets/15-20 reps
- Cable Crunches 3 sets/10-5 reps
- Military Press 4 sets/8-10 reps (Superset)
- Barbell Front Raises 4 sets/8-10 reps
- Seated Side Lateral Raises 5 sets/10-15 reps
- Standing One Arm Lateral Raises 5 sets/10-12 reps
- Seated Dumbbell Rear Delt Raises 4 sets/10-12 reps (Superset)
- Reverse Pec Deck Fly’s 4 sets to failure
- Dumbbell Shrugs 4 sets/8-10 reps
Thursday (Cardio and Abs)
- 1 Hour Incline Treadmill (Steady State)
- Decline Leg Raises 4 sets/12-15 reps
- Cable Crunches 4 sets/10-15 reps
- Hanging Oblique Knee Raises 3 sets/10 reps
Friday (Quads and Calves)
- 15 Minutes Warm Up Bike
- Squats 6 sets/8-15 reps
- Narrow Stance Leg Press 4 sets/12-15 reps
- Leg Extensions 6 sets/10-15 reps (Superset)
- Single Leg Extensions 6 sets/5 reps
- Standing Calve Raises 5 sets/16-18 reps (Reduce Weight to 50% for 8 Reps)
- Standing Calve Raises 4 sets/10-15 reps
Saturday (Arms and Abs)
- EZ-Bar Skull Crushers 4 sets/10-12 reps
- Rope Pushdowns 5 sets/10-15 reps
- Reverse Single Arm Extensions 3 sets/10-12 reps
- Barbell Curls 4 sets/8-10 reps (Superset)
- Reverse Barbell Curls 4 sets/8-10 reps
- Seated Concentration Curls 4 sets/10-12 reps
- Air Bike 4 sets/15-20 reps
- Side Lateral Leg Raises 4 sets/10-12 reps
Sunday (Hamstrings and Calves)
- Lunges 4 sets/10-12 reps
- High/Wide Stance Leg Press 5 sets/10-12 reps
- Seated Leg Curls 5 sets/10-12 reps
- Straight Legged Deadlifts 3 sets/10-15 reps
- Calf Press (Using Leg Press) 5 sets/10-15 reps
- Standing Calve Raises 3 sets/10 reps
Diet and Nutrition
When it comes to his nutrition, Andrei Deiu has learned how important this aspect of life is, when it comes to maintaining his physique. He keeps a fairly strict diet, made up lately of protein, carbs, and healthy fats.
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Oats
- 2 ounces Berries
- 1 teaspoon Peanut Butter
- 7 ounces Chicken Breast
- 5 ounces White Rice
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 5 ounces Fish or Chicken
- 7 ounces Sweet Potato
- 2 scoops Whey Isolate
- 1.5oz Dextrose
- 7 ounces Chicken
- 5 ounces Sweet Potato
- 1 cup Vegetables
- 5 ounces Steak
- 1 cup Green Beans
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese or Greek Yogurt
- 1 handful Almonds
Andrei Deiu’s Supplement Stack
- Fish Oil
- Flax Seed
- Multi and Mineral Vitamins
- Fat Burners
The story of Andrei Deiu is one that is far from being completed. At such a young age, and with some already impressive performances, it is clear that he is someone to watch, moving forward.
Time will tell just how far he can take his bodybuilding efforts, but his modeling work outside of that is equally viable. Either way, he has an inspirational story, and is someone to watch in the years to come.