The machine leg raise crunch is an isolation exercise used for building muscle and strength in the abdominal muscles of the core. But the obliques also get worked secondarily. Now, using the ab machine can help you to develop a lot of core strength but you also want to do stabilization exercises for the core to ensure you have proper development.
You don’t want to use too much weight during this exercise as it can be more dangerous than effective. So, stick with a resistance load you can train with by using a full range of motion during each repetition. The machine leg raise crunch is a great addition to any core training routine.
In This Exercise:
- Target Muscle Group: Rectus Abdominis
- Type: Strength
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Equipment: Ab machine
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Sit on the machine and secure your ankles under the padded rolls.
- Grab the handles above your head and perform a crunch while contracting your abs. Your knees should raise up during the contraction.
- Straighten your torso until its erect and then repeat the exercise for the desired number of reps.
Variations & Tips:
- You’re using too much weight if you can’t perform a crunch through a full range of motion.
- The machine leg raise crunch works all core muscles including your abdominals primarily and obliques secondarily.
Watch: How to do the machine leg raise crunch
Watch: How to do the machine crunch
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.