Multiple World Records have been broken at the 2022 WRPF The Ghost Clash, but Naomi Sheppard broke the ice after just 25 minutes of the competition. On February 13th, 2022, in Miami, Florida, Naomi set the All-Time World Record Squat (Wraps) of 262.5 kg (578.7 lbs) in the 67.5 kg category. She attempted to further improve the record by 7.5 kg (16.5 lbs), but was unsuccessful.
The video of the World Record was posted on the Ghost Clash Instagram page, and we can see that the lift required a bit of a struggle. However, Naomi pushed through and claimed the record. The most impressive part is the depth of her squat. In addition, this squat gave Naomi a massive advantage, which she used and ended up winning the competition.
You can watch the video here:
Related: Powerlifter Shane Haller Sets New All-Time World Record Raw Squat 420 kg (926 lbs) To Win 2022 WRPF The Ghost Clash
The previous World Record Squat was set exactly three months ago, and didn’t stand that long. The record was held by Jaclyn Cornwell, as she squatted 260.8 kg (575 lbs) at the 2021 APF North of the Border competition.
Naomi Sheppard’s (67.5 kg) Full Results
The winner in the 2022 WRPF Ghost Clash was decided by the highest WILKS score. Naomi dominated the field with a score of 616.322, as no other competitors crossed the 600 WILKS mark. This also earned her $5,000 of prize money.
- 245 kg (540.1 lbs)
- 262.5 kg (578.7 lbs) All-Time World Record In 67.5 kg category (New Competition PR)
- 270 kg (595.3 lbs) – Unsuccessful
- 122.5 kg (270.1 lbs) – Unsuccessful
- 122.5 kg (270.1 lbs)
- 127.5 kg (281.1 lbs) – Unsuccessful
- 200 kg (440.9 lbs)
- 210 kg (463 lbs)
- 215 kg (474 lbs) – New Competition PR
Total – 600 kg (1322.8 lbs)
WILKS – 616.332
Courtesy of Alpowerliftingtv YouTube channel, you can watch all of her lifts here:
Related: Powerlifter Tamara Walcott Hits Unofficial World Record Squat of 288.5 kgs (636 Lbs) In Training
Naomi Sheppard’s Career
Naomi Sheppard is 30-years-old and has been competing since 2015. Her first competition was the 2015 BPU Midlands Qualifier. Including The 2022 Ghost Clash, Naomi took part in 12 sanctioned competitions and won ten of them. She mostly competes in the World Powerlifting Congress (WPC) federation and is a WPC World Champion and a 3x WPC European Champion.
Naomi Sheppard’s current official (done in competition) raw PRs are:
- Squat (raw): 200 kg (440.9 lbs) (2018 WPC World Championships)
- Bench Press (raw): 127.5 kg (281.1 lbs) (2021 BPU Manchester Qualifier)
- Deadlift (raw): 215 kg (474 lbs) (2022 WRPF Ghost Clash)
- Total (raw): 487.5 kg (1074.8 lbs) (2018 WPC World Championships)
Naomi also sometimes competes in the wraps category, and her squat and total with wraps PRs are:
- Squat (wraps): 262.5 kg (578.7 lbs) All-Time World Record (2022 WRPF Ghost Clash)
- Total (raw w/wraps): 600 kg (1322.8 lbs) (2022 WRPF Ghost Clash)
Related: Powerlifter Russel Orhii Squats Massive 310 kg (683 lbs) For 4-Rep PR
Naomi Sheppard squatted over 3.9x her bodyweight to claim this world record. In addition, this was a brilliant performance, and with time, she will only get better. She is definitely shaping up to be one of the best powerlifters out there.
Leave a Reply