The competition was fierce on the men’s side. Drama ensued following Mat Fraser suffering a penalty in the Ruck Run. However, he managed to rebound from this setback, and regain his first-place position. This championship heart really was impressive in the end.
Surprisingly, on the women’s side of the event, things were not so close. Toomey brutalized the competition throughout the entire weekend. She even finished first overall male and female athletes in the final day’s swimming event. She became the first female to win a CrossFit Games Championship three times. It was really a mind-boggling performance.
There was also a good competition among the team’s competition. Nevertheless, Mayhem Freedom would pull out the win. Mayhem Freedom out of the United States beat out all 14 teams in the competition.
Below are the total payouts for the Games’s winners.
2019 CrossFit Games Prize Money – Individuals
- 1st Place – Mat Fraser ($300,000)
- 2nd Place – Noah Ohlson ($115,000)
- 3rd Place – Björgvin Karl Guðmundsson ($75,000)
- 1st Place – Tia-Clair Toomey ($300,000)
- 2nd Place – Kristin Holte ($115,000)
- 3rd Place – Jamie Greene ($75,000)
This shows a $15,000 increase to the second-place winners. Other than than, this is the same payout as last year. Additionally, prize money is awarded to the 4th-20th place winners, as follows:
- 4th place: $50,000
- 5th-8th place: $35,000, $30,000, $27,000 and $25,000, respectively
- 9th-20th place: $23,000, $21,000, $18,000, $16,000, $15,000, $14,000, $13,000, $12,000, $11,000, $10,000, $9,000 and $8,000, respectively
On top of that, the top 3 winners of each individual event walk away with $3,000, $2,000, and $1,000 respectively.
- 1st place: Mayhem Freedom ($100,000)
- 2nd place: CrossFit Krypton ($70,000)
- 3rd place: Invictus ($40,000)
These team earnings show an increase of $10,000 for both second and third positions. On the other hand, first place earns the same amount as last year.
This concludes the 2019 CrossFit Games season. The action from this year was unlike any others. It will be fun to see how next year can top it.