The 2021 Giants Live World Tour Finals took place September 18th, in Glasgow, Scotland. It might not have been due to a home field advantage, but by the end of the contest, it was Scotland’s Luke and Tom Stoltman who led the pack.
The Giants Live Finals was a wild event from start to finish, which saw a lot of incredible action from the various strongmen competing from around the world. Not only did fans watch the incredible action from the contest, but they bore witness to two world records, with Iron Biby and Kevin Faires breaking the log lift record and Nicol Stones farmer’s carry records, respectively.
After five events completed, the Finals wrapped up and only one man could be victorious. That man was Luke Stoltman, who walked away with a solid amount of points, followed closely by his brother, 2021 World’s Strongest Man winner Tom Stoltman in second, and Evan Singleton in third.
2021 Giants Live World Tour Finals Results
- Luke Stoltman, UK (37.5 points)
- Tom Stoltman, UK (36.5 points)
- Evan Singleton, USA (33.5 points)
- Kevin Faires, USA (31.5 points)
- Adam Bishop, UK (30 points)
- Andy Black, UK (28 points)
- Maxime Boudreault, Canada (27 points)
- Gabriel Peña, Mexico (21.5 points)
- Mark Felix, UK (18 points)
- Gavin Bilton, UK (5.5 points)*
*Gavin Bilton was forced to withdraw from the contest after suffering injury during the log lift event.
Nicol Stones (scored for distance)
- Kevin Faires: 22.2 meters (World Record)
- Andy Black: 21.86 meters
- Evan Singleton: 21.44 meters
Log Lift (150kg/330.7lb logs, lifted for reps)
- Luke Stoltman: 9 reps (T-first)
- Tom Stoltman: 9 reps (T-first)
- Maxime Boudreault: 8 reps
Axle Deadlift (360kg/793lb deadlift, scored for reps)
- Adam Bishop: 7 reps (T-first)
- Gabriel Peña: 7 reps (T-first)
- Tom Stoltman: 6 reps
Car Walk (car frame yoked, scored for time)
- Evan Singleton: 12.26 seconds
- Tom Stoltman: 13.22 seconds
- Luke Stoltman: 16.35 seconds
Atlas Stone-Off (five stones, scored for time)
- Maxime Boudreault: 5 stones in 19.55 seconds
- Andy Black: 5 stones in 19.62 seconds
- Luke Stoltman: 5 stones in 19.91 seconds
With this massive first place finish, Luke Stoltman capped off a big month of competition. He won the 2021 Giants Live World Tour Finals after taking first at the 2021 Europe’s Strongest Man a few weeks earlier.
As for his brother Tom, while the WSM champ impressed by coming in second, the biggest talking point about his performance was his inability to excel at the stone-off, an event that he has placed first in at every contest he has been in for the last two years. It is unclear if this was a result of lingering issues with his recent spat of COVID-19.
No matter what, the 2021 Giants Live World Tour Finals was an exciting event. Congratulations are in order for those who won this contest or scored world records.
Leave a Reply