The 2023 Ben Weider Natural Pro was held from November 17-18 in Alexandria, Virginia where 9 bodybuilding divisions were showcased including; Men’s 212 Bodybuilding, Classic Physique, Men’s Open, Men’s Physique, Bikini, Figure, Fitness, Women’s Physique, and Wellness. This event was a 2024 Mr. Olympia qualifier.
It’s been a wild few weeks in the world of bodybuilding. Following 2023 Mr. Olympia Derek Lunsford emerged as the new champion while in Classic Physique, Chris Bumstead extended his reign, securing a fifth title defense on his way to building a one-of-a-kind legacy. At the event, seven new champions were crowned with only four titleholders retaining their positions.
As for the 2023 Ben Weider Natural Pro, competitors were vying on stage not only for bragging rights but for a potential qualification for 2024 Mr. Olympia. The organization’s president Dan Solomon revealed the next Olympia takes place in October.
2023 Ben Weider Natural Pro Winners
- Men’s Open: Eric Salazar
- Men’s 212: Keiva Bundy
- Classic Physique: Han Jin Choi
- Men’s Physique: Kadeem Hillman
- Fitness: Michelle Gales
- Figure: Shanice Abrams
- Bikini: Brittany Shulman
- Women’s Physique: Andrea Alonso
- Wellness: Alisha Sturkie
2023 Ben Weider Natural Pro Results Breakdown
In the finals, Eric Salazar and Greg Grant took part in a heated battle for first place. Their individual routines and conditioning were among the best of the show and they pushed each other throughout the contest. In the end, Eric Salazar, the 2019 NPC USA Championships winner, came out on top. Greg Grant finished runner-up.
- Winner — Eric Salazar
- Second Place — Greg Grant
Men’s 212 Bodybuilding
In 212 Bodybuilding, contenders put on a show. Keiva Bundy was in the running for gold. Boasting impressive detail and posing, he battled against Peter Boncardo. While the contest was close, Keiva Bundy walked away with gold. Peter Boncardo finished second.
- Winner — Keiva Bundy
- Second Place — Peter Boncardo
In Classic Physique, Lenny Wicks and Han Jin Choi took part in a tight contest to determine who would walk away with the Ben Weider Natural Pro gold. While the symmetry and conditioning of Wicks demanding center stage, fans were in for a close contest. Han Jin Choi also asserted himself as a title contender in the finals. Ultimately, it was Han Hin Choi’s completeness that clinched him the title. Lenny Wicks finished second and DeVon Causey claimed third.
- Winner — Han Jin Choi
- Second Place — Lenny Wicks
- Third Place — DeVon Causey
- Fourth Place — Chuck Mauceri
- Fifth Place — Jesse Valencia Jr.
- Sixth Place — Kim Chan Young
- Seventh Place — Jamie LeRoyce McTizic
- Eighth Place — Stephen Webley
- Ninth Place — John Puskarich
- Tenth Place — Guifeng Xu
In Men’s Physique, Kedeem Hillman and Chien-Hsin Chen were on a mission to cement themselves as frontrunners. They pushed each other throughout the prejudging rounds. Kadeem Hillman ended up pulling off the big win thanks to his back shots and overall shape and symmetry. Chien-Hsin Chen took second and Torre Washington placed third.
- Winner — Kadeem Hillman
- Second Place — Chien-Hsin Chen
- Third Place — Torre Washington
- Fourth Place — Cedric Miller
- Fifth Place — Tyler James
- Sixth Place — Jamar Watkins
- Seventh Place — Ikenna Amaliri
- Eighth Place — Darnell Chatman
- Ninth Place — Hyung Jae Woo
- Tenth Place — Toby Owen
Individuals from the Fitness category brought their best to the stage this weekend. Prejudging and finals saw Andrea Glass and Michelle Gales emerge as title contenders. Their athleticism and finesse on stage stood out, especially during their routines. Ultimately, Michelle Gales secured first place. Andrea Glass and Abby Bolton placed second and third.
- Winner — Michelle Gales
- Second Place — Andrea Glass
- Third Place — Abby Bolton
- Fourth Place — Ashley Downes
- Fifth Place — Aurika Tyrgale
- Sixth Place — Rosie Burr
- Seventh Place — Ellie Ambs
Figure athletes brought superb combinations of conditioning and shape on stage this weekend. With cash prizes and gold on the line, Shanice Abrams brought a fantastic package complete with detail and fullness. Meanwhile, Rose Black also stood out for the judges, who took a closer look at her physique throughout the finals. In the end, Shanice Abrams finished first. Rose Black took second place and Florencia Hunt claimed third.
- Winner — Shanice Abrams
- Second Place — Rose Black
- Third Place —Florencia Hunt
- Fourth Place — Shea Crotty
- Fifth Place — Chelsea Mooney
- Sixth Place — Jennifer Johnson
- Seventh Place — Amy Harris Willock
- Eighth Place — Dekel Quant
- Ninth Place — Rebecca Coons
- Tenth Place — Michelle Soares
In Bikini, Brittany Shulman and Lizzy Cunningham battled throughout the prejudging and finals with exceptional proportions, shape, and aesthetics. With the Bikini category remaining one of the most competitive divisions, this event delivered exciting action. The judges gave the nod to Brittany Shulman by the end of the night with Lizzy Cunningham and Toniesha Gaddis taking second and third place.
- Winner — Brittany Shulman
- Second Place — Lizzy Cunningham
- Third Place — Toniesha Gaddis
- Fourth Place — Africa Sanz
- Fifth Place — Emily Olivia Harper Hemming
- Sixth Place — Jennifer Lynch
- Seventh Place — Noel Zayour
- Eighth Place — Flora Wang
- Ninth Place — Shaneeka Harmonson
- Tenth Place — Janine Herrera
Lee Ann Thompson and Andrea Alonso demanded center stage throughout the competition with impressive looks. The muscularity and thin waist of Alonso was impossible to ignore for judges, though Thompson held her own with great posing and side detail. After a handful of comparisons and a thrilling pose down, Andrea Alonso secured first. Lee Ann Thompson and Samantha Every took second and third place.
- Winner — Andrea Alonso
- Second Place — Lee Ann Thompson
- Third Place — Samantha Every
- Fourth Place — Janessa Roy
- Fifth Place — Jehina Malik
In Wellness, Alisha Sturkie and Carie Bradshaw contended for gold with eye-catching lower bodies. Displaying fullness with adequate density, Bradshaw looked to have brought her best package to date. Sturkie, on the other hand, also looked improved from her last outing. Following an entertaining on-stage showdown, Alisha Sturkie won gold. Carie Bradshaw took second place and Maria Rita Penteado finished third.
- Winner — Alisha Sturkie
- Second Place — Carie Bradshaw
- Third Place — Maria Rita Penteado
- Fourth Place — Cara Schorn
- Fifth Place — Mizel Cataquiz
- Sixth Place — Dalila Kindermann
- Seventh Place — Katharine Yu Huimin
2023 Ben Weider Natural Pro Scorecards
Fitness Volt congratulates the winners on their impressive victories this weekend!