The 2023 Sheru Classic Pro India went down from June 16-18 in New Delhi, India. This show is a 2023 Mr. Olympia qualifier and it features four divisions: 212 Bodybuilding, Classic Physique, Men’s Physique, and Bikini.
2023 Sheru Classic Pro India Winners
- 212 Bodybuilding: Andrei Melnikov
- Classic Physique: Vahid Badpei
- Men’s Physique: Bhuwan Chauhan
- Bikini: Jil Meret Schmitz
With the next Mr. Olympia show approaching, athletes are on the hunt for their respective invites. This year’s annual event takes place from November 2-5 in Orlando, Florida inside the Orange County Convention Center.
Athletes have until October 9 to guarantee their spot on the Olympia stage. Unlike in 2022, there are fewer months and events available to qualify for the prestigious show. The 212 Bodybuilding winner at the 2022 Sheru Classic India Pro was Hameed Juma, but he’s opted not to compete. Therefore, a new champ will be crowned in the 212 category.
Heading into the contest, fans immediately took notice of three names in the 212 category: Andrei Melnikov, Iran’s Morteza Mashayekh Kordkola, and Edward Kargbo. During prejudging, they all stood out, which left fans very excited to see how the action would unfold in the finals.
2023 Sheru Classic Pro India Pro Results
Like the prejudging segment of the show, the finals were fiercely competitive. Edward Kargbo and Morteza Mashayekh Kordkola made a play for gold with shredded physiques. In the end, the balance, symmetry, and conditioning of Andrei Melnikov earned him victory. He is 2022 Olympia-bound where he will later get a chance to face the reigning two-time champ, Shaun Clarida. In addition, Morteza Mashayekh Kordkola was second.
- Winner — Andrei Melnikov
- Second Place — Morteza Mashayekh Kordkola
- Third Place — Edward Kargbo
In Classic Physique, Sunmeet Singh Gill, Mikhail Timoshin, and Vahid Badpei battled for supremacy. While Gill and Timoshin brought impressive packages, the proportions of Vahid Badpei sealed the deal as he walked away victorious with the 2023 Sheru Classic title. Mikhail Timoshin finished runner-up.
- Winner — Vahid Badpei
- Second Place — Mikhail Timoshin
- Third Place — Sunmeet Singh Gill
- Fourth Place — Deepak Nanda
- Fifth Place — Denis Romanov
- Sixth Place — Manoj Sarangapani
- Seventh Place — Parmeshwar Sharma
- Eighth Place — Chand Mondal
- Ninth Place — Mehmet Emin Baydilli
- Tenth Place — Kirk Anderson
Given the skill level of the participants, fans were in for a treat from the Men’s Physique division. During prejudging and the finals, Ali Bilal, Bhuwan Chauhan, and Raj Kumar Paswan dominated the center stage. They took part in a series of comparisons. Even though all men brought impressive physiques, the upper body of Bhuwan Chauhan stole the show. He is now qualified for the 2023 Mr. Olympia contest in November. Meanwhile, Raj Kumar Paswan took second.
- Winner — Bhuwan Chauhan
- Second Place — Raj Kumar Paswan
- Third Place — Ali Bilal
- Fourth Place — Anik Ghosh
- Fifth Place — Gijo John Kurian
- Sixth Place — Ajith Raja P.
- Seventh Place — Mohammad Javad Sadeghi
- Eighth Place — Tua Anh Tran
- Ninth Place — Dilip Kumar N H
- Tenth Place — Maxime Parisi
In the Bikini division, competitors put on a show. There were several contenders in the running for the first call-out. However, during finals, three women stood out on paper: Rukiye Solak, Elizaveta Dementera, and Jil Meret Schmitz. After a few comparisons, Jil Meret Schmitz won the Bikini title with Elizaveta Dementera taking silver.
- Winner — Jil Meret Schmitz
- Second Place — Elizaveta Dementera
- Third Place — Rukiye Solak
- Fourth Place — Laura Martinez Manrique
- Fifth Place — Dunaevskaia Ekaterina
- Sixth Place — Liana Moroz
- Seventh Place — Bunluek Sanguanlikhitkun
- Eighth Place — Kristina Ivanova
- Ninth Place — Karina Aleksashina
2023 Sheru Classic Pro India Scorecard
FitnessVolt congratulates the winners!