The side-lying bicep bodyweight curl is unconventional bicep exercise which utilizes your own weight to effectively perform bicep curls with no equipment. Now, this exercise is not easy by any means but it’s convenient if you don’t have access to gym equipment. And it does require some technique, so practicing proper form is essential for utilizing the movement effectively.
So, if you need a new exercise to mix things up then the side-lying bicep bodyweight curl is a perfect addition to your arm routine.
In This Exercise:
- Target Muscle Group: Biceps Brachii
- Type: Strength
- Mechanics: Compound
- Equipment: Exercise Mat or soft surface
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Lie on your left side then bend your knees and waist.
- Place your right hand behind your head.
- Now, grab your left leg and pull on it while flexing your torso simultaneously.
- Contract your bicep and hold for 2 seconds.
- Lower your body back down but keep hold of your leg.
- Complete the number of reps you desire then switch sides to repeat the movement.
Variations & Tips:
- Make sure to assist your biceps during the curl by bending your torso as too much strain can cause a bicep tear.
- Maintain a tight core to protect your lower back and to make the exercise more efficient.
- The side-lying biceps bodyweight curl is a very unconventional bicep exercise but it’s perfect for when you don’t have access to equipment.
Leave a Reply