The 2022 CrossFit Games took place from Aug. 3-7, in Madison, Wisconsin, which saw Tia-Clair Toomey claim her sixth consecutive title and become the all-time winningest Individual in the history of the sport. There has been nearly a month since Tia-Clair was crowned Fittest Woman On Earth®, and although we don’t know what the future holds for her, some interesting details are just coming out that explains the process she went through.
This time Tia-Clair Toomey revealed her full day of eating from two weeks before the 2022 CrossFit Games started. The diet is an important aspect of any athlete’s life, but this particular full day was to simulate what she’d eat to compete at the 2022 CrossFit Games.
Tia-Clair Toomey and Shane Orr decided to go for a large and diverse breakfast, which would end up being enough to get her through the first training session of the day. Seeing that they did not hold back on the calories, Tia-Clair had a few choices, including what kind of bread she wanted.
- Ciabatta Roll — 1 roll (250 calories)
- Almondmilk — 150 grams (159 calories)
- Cacao & Cashew Butter Granola — 45 grams (208 calories)
- Uncured Turkey Bacon — 2 slices (90 calories)
- Sliced Swiss — 1 slice (70 calories)
- Eggs — 2 large eggs (160 calories)
- Avocado — 50 grams (117 calories)
- Pure Irish Butter — 0.5 tbsp (50 calories)
- Orange Juice — 6.4 oz (88 calories)
- Creatine Monohydrate — 1 tbsp (0 calories)
Total Calories — 1,192
After finishing up her breakfast, Toomey began her incredibly busy day of training, since the 2022 CrossFit Games were approaching quickly. So, a large portion of their daily calorie intake came through snacks which she brought to her training sessions. The important thing to note is that Tia-Clair didn’t eat all of these snacks at once, but distributed them as she needed throughout the day.
- Fat-Free Fruit Snacks — 3 pouches (240 calories)
- Juice Smoothy — 1 bottle (270 calories)
Balanced Protein Snack Bar — 1 bar (193 calories)
- Blueberry Breakfast Bar — 1 bar (130 calories)
- Wild Blueberry Preserves — 1 tbsp (50 calories)
- Creamy — 0.8 tbsp (76 calories)
- Sea Salt & Vinegar Chicken Chips — 11 chips (160 calories)
- Loop D Fruit — 40.5 grams (150 calories)
Total Calories — 1,262
While her breakfast and snacks were enough to get her through the first part of the day, Tia-Clair Toomey had to finish her lunch before completing a difficult swimming session. This is what her lunch consisted of.
- Jasmine Rice — 0.5 pouch (240 calories)
- Ground Beef 93/7 — 5.5 oz (307 calories)
Total Calories — 547 calories
Tia-Clair Toomey’s final meal of the day was a neatly prepared dinner. It was created with the intention of being very filling and enabling Tia-Clair to recuperate in the best possible manner for the following day.
- Honey Nut Cheerios Cereal — 1.12 cup (165 calories)
- Milk — 1 cup
- Fillet Mignon — 6 oz (130 calories)
- Mashed Potato (Butter & Milk) — 210 grams (444 calories)
- Fruit Snacks — 2 pouches (160 calories)
Total Calories — 1,223 calories
Tia-Clair Toomey’s coach and husband, Shane Orr, estimated that her daily calorie intake came out to roughly 4,200 calories. Since they shared this on their YouTube channel, it is reasonable to assume they used this diet at the 2022 CrossFit Games as well.
Watch Tia-Clair Toomey’s full video here:
Tia-Clair Toomey has been teasing her future ever since the 2022 CrossFit Games. It seems that she will be moving over to the Teams division, following the footsteps of another CrossFit icon, Rich Froning. She is obviously still in her prime, so it is great that she decided to push further.