Ulisses Williams, Jr is a bodybuilder, fitness model, trainer, entrepreneur, and all-around industry figure. He’s well-known for being insanely aesthetic and sporting an iconic 8-pack. This is his complete profile, biography, training regime, diet plan, and more.
|Full name: Ulisses Williams, Jr|
|205-215 (88.5 – 93.0kg)||5’10” (177.5 cm)||46 years|
|Date of birth||Era||Nationality|
|March 05, 1976||2000, 2010, 2020||American|
Ulisses Jr was born in New York City, USA to Nigerian parents.
As a youth, Ulisses participated in various sports such as football, soccer, and track, and field. He was “the skinny kid” which motivated him to start training so that he could be stronger and more competitive in sports.
This led to a passion for hitting the weights. One day, he and a group of friends decided to enter a bodybuilding competition which would force them to level up their training and diet. Ulisses ended up winning the show, his first show.
It’s safe to say he became obsessed and made it a goal to compete as much as possible.
“My mentality is very much to stay dedicated to a goal and, if I want something, I will see it through to the end.”
Ulisses Jr has traveled the world and participated in many shows during his competitive career. He won his first show as a teenager and since won over 24 trophies in his more than 13 years of competition.
- 2000 Platinum Classic NYC Novice (1st, Middleweight & Overall Winner)
- 2001 MET Championships NYC Novice (1st, Middleweight & Open Middleweight)
- 2002 Musclemania Fitness Atlantic Championships Connecticut (1st, Welterweight)
- 2003 Musclemania Fitness Atlantic Championships Connecticut (1st, Middleweight)
- 2003 Musclemania Superbody Championships Miami (1st, Middleweight & Overall Winner – Pro Card)
- 2004 Musclemania Superbody Championships Miami Pro (1st, Pro Division)
- 2005 Musclemania World Championships Las Vegas Pro (3rd, Pro Division)
- 2010 Musclemania World Championships Las Vegas Pro (1st, Pro Division)
- 2011 Musclemania World Championships Las Vegas Pro (2st, Pro Division)
- 2013 Musclemania World Championships Las Vegas Pro (1st, Pro Division)
Taking that chance and stepping on stage led to a very illustrious career, however, his popularity as an influencer became bigger than his on-stage accomplishments.
While he doesn’t compete anymore, Ulisses trains just as hard as he has an image to uphold as a big fitness influencer.
Below we’ve included several of his recent workouts.
- Warmup – High cable curl superset w/ cable pressdowns
- EZ bar curl superset w/ skull crushers
- Hammer curls superset w/ overhead triceps press using arm blaster
- Bodyweight dips superset w/ concentration curls
Upper body workout
- Warmup – Barbell shoulder press standing 3 x 10-15 reps
- Standing barbell shoulder press 2 sets x 3-4 reps
- Pull-up superset w/ dumbbell incline press 3 x 10-12 reps
- Barbell row superset w/ barbell roll-out 3 x 10-15
- EZ barbell curl superset w dips
- Finisher: Push-up variation superset wide and close grip 3 sets x 10-15
Note: The push-ups are done with the hands elevated on two dumbbells to maximize the stretch in the chest muscles. The close-grip push-up is done placing both hands together at the top of the dumbbell to get a good pec squeeze.
Ulisses likes to mix up his training so he likes to do a few heavy strength-focused sets and then follow that with a little volume training that consists of more reps with lighter weights. An example of this is the barbell standing overhead press.
- Machine Shoulder Press
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Machine Lateral Raise ( 30 Rep Drop-set )
- Cable Front Raise Superset with Dumbbell Raise
- Cable Rear Raise Superset with Dumbbell Posterior Raise
This was a back workout with the strength phenom Larry Wheels in Dubai.
- Heavy bent-over rows w/ grips
- Seated cable row w/ grip
- Seated cable row variation (single arm)
- Plate loaded machine lat pulldown
- Dumbbell pullover
- Warmup – Barbell-only press
- Barbell bench press
- Incline dumbbell press
- Chest press machine with alternate hand grip
- Improvised decline dumbbell chest press
- Cable fly variations
- Reverse grip incline push-ups
- Warmup – safety bar squats 4 sets x 10 reps
- Barbell squat (narrow foot placement and constant movement no pausing at the top or bottom)
- Leg extension 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Leg press (narrow feet placement and do not come all the way down to maximize quads and minimize posterior muscles) 3 sets x 10-12 reps
- Staggered leg press 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Old-school sissy squat
- New school sissy squat
- Smith machine sissy squat 2 sets all out
Ulisses talks a lot about “movement sets”. This is pretty much to let the muscle know what it’s in for and that way you can prepare it for heavier sets. This is otherwise known as a warmup set. He does 2-3 sets before a heavy compound exercise.
Hamstrings and glutes workout
- Warmup – glute hamstring raise 3 sets x 10-12 reps
- Reverse hyperextension 3 sets x 10-12 reps
- Lying leg curl 3 sets x 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell stiff-legged deadlift 3 sets x 10-12 reps
- Standing single leg hamstring curl machine 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Hip thrust machine 3 sets x 10-15 reps
Home core workout w/ bands
Ulisses has some of the most impressive and iconic abs with deep cuts and a bulging 8-pack.
While his genetics are mostly to do with that, here’s an intermediate at-home core workout that you can try courtesy of the aesthetic god himself. For this core routine, Ulisses uses several resistance bands and a door.
- L sit-ups 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Oblique twist 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Knee touch crunches 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Lying leg raise 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Kneeling bent crunches 3 sets x 10-15 reps
- Climbers 3 sets x 10-15 reps
In 2015, the real-life sculpture says he doesn’t do a lot of cardio although he was still interested in competing at the time. He would do it once or twice a week if needed but it was more so to strengthen his heart rather than to burn calories.
His cardio would consist of steady state activities for 20 minutes such as walking at an incline on a treadmill or similar forms of cardio workouts.
Diet and Nutrition
Many want to know exactly what Ulisses eats to get and maintain his jacked and ripped physique. We’ve included his diet and some snacks options.
The fitness superstar likes to eat clean and eats plenty of protein to fuel his muscle gains.
- Meal 1: 40g Whey Isolate Protein and a cup of Green Tea
- Meal 2: 6 boiled Egg Whites, ½ a cup of Oatmeal, 1/2 a Grapefruit and 1 serving of BCAA’s
- Meal 3: 40g Whey Isolate Protein
- Meal 4: 6 oz. Chicken Breast and 1/2 a cup of Brown Rice
- Meal 5: 6 oz. Tuna, 2 cups of Spinach, 1 small Banana & Flaxseed Oil
- Meal 6: Post workout shake: 50g Whey Isolate, A serving of Vitargo, a serving of L-Glutamine, BCAA’s, Multi Vitamin & Vitamin C
- Meal 7: 6 oz. Tilapia, 2 Sweet Potatoes & 1 cup of spinach
- Meal 8: 2 scoops of Casein Protein, 1 serving of Fish Oil & a serving of Glutamine
Ulisses 10 Favorite healthy snacks
- Grapefruit with Greek yogurt on top
- Granola and Greek yogurt
- Avocado and rice cakes or bagel
- Turkey breast with lettuce
- Organic almond butter and apple
- Carrots and hummus dip
- Blueberries and cottage cheese
- Boiled eggs w/ chili flakes
- Celery and peanut butter
His list of unhealthiest foods include:
- Ice cream
- Sugary cereal
- Unhealthy snacks (chips and cookies)
- Candy bars
- Bread Alcohol
- Fast food
- Processed meat
- Fizzy pop/soda
He offers healthier alternatives to these foods here.
Personal Life and Business Endeavors
Ulisses Jr is married to fitness model Sharah Haddy and they have two sons, Jaden and Kai.
He has a website Ulisses World based in England where he offers workout programs and meal plans and sells supplements and merchandise.
The fitness icon has a huge 8.5 million Instagram followers and over 602k YouTube Subscribers.
Ulisses is good friends with fellow influencer and model Simeon Panda. They’ve made a lot of great content together and are both very popular for their aesthetic physiques that guys all over the world admire.
Ulisses has gotten a lot of exposure due to his appearance, having had many high-profile photoshoots, in addition to being featured in and on many magazines. He’s also been a guest speaker at many events and has trained a lot of celebrities and highly successful people.
“I love helping people and sharing my knowledge built up over my career, whether it’s in the gym, at a seminar, or at an expo. I want to inspire and motivate people of all ages, to share the importance of the consistency needed in both training and nutrition.”
Ulisses admits that a lot of his success is because he has a passion for this and he’d still do it even if he didn’t get the admiration he does.
“Whether I got recognized for what I do or how I inspire people or not, it wouldn’t have made a difference because I have a passion for it. I would have still continued to do what I do.”
In a video clip with Simeon Panda in 2015, Ulisses admits that he’s never used steroids despite many obvious accusations.
He brought up competing in MuscleMania shows and says that if he was taking something it would have come up.
“If I was juicing for these past 15 years or so, something would have came up.”
Being around 200 lbs, Ulisses argues that if he’s been using for so many years then he’s wasted lots of money. Speaking of money, sponsors is a topic he addresses as many believe he has to keep quiet to continue working with them and earning from them.
“I’m not keeping my mouth shut because of sponsor money.”
From a scrawny kid to one of the most in-demand figures in the industry, Ulisses Jr has one of the most inspiring stories. He’s achieved a lot of success due to having an incredible physique and it’s evident he takes his career and reputation seriously.
“Remember, Dedication Has No Limitation!