Big muscles are usually a magnet for the opposite gender. A huge, handsome looking guy can be an excellent protector. A girl might be seen and she needn’t feel fear anymore since she has found her super strong man to treat her like a princess.
But think about reconsidering your decision few more times before trying. Bodybuilders look for the enormous amount of attention, but they aren’t ready to give you that much. We will introduce you to the negative sides of dating bodybuilder. Bodybuilders are not flexible, are you sure you want to become the slave of somebody’s schedule and habits?
Here’re the reasons you don’t want to date a bodybuilder:
#1. You Might Become His Cook
It really doesn’t matter who you are, but you must be ready for this. Bodybuilders eat healthy food and their most important thing is diet. They have to maintain their look.
We will be honest – there are bodybuilders who enjoy preparing their meals, but if your partner is a lazy man who thinks women are born with a kitchen knife and nothing else, you have a big problem.
- Pretend you have no idea how it is done in the beginning, and he will probably keep his mouth shut.
- Do not show interest in cooking, even in the late stages of your relationship.
- If you really have to cook, we suggest you intentionally overcook the meal or add the wrong flavor. 🙂
If he thinks you are dumb for a kitchen, he will take responsibility because HIS BODY will face problems.
#2. Are You Sure You Want To Date Narcissist?
When it comes to a bodybuilder, the whole world spins around him, and there won’t be much space for you and your relationship. Especially when it comes to competition, the bodybuilder can completely neglect his family and friends, and think only about HIS BODY.
He will only talk about his weight, his fat percentage, his meals, his workouts… You have to be ready for the fact he will pay you little or no attention in some periods of life.
- Encourage him before every competition and pretend you enjoy the conversations.
- Ask him how was his day or what is his next meal. Show tolerance.
- Don’t ask him to go out or drink with you, he will instantly get angry, especially if competition is closing.
- You must be ready for top three facts, otherwise, your relationship will not work and you will constantly feel sad and neglected.
Bodybuilders can love their partners, but THEY are in the first place.
#3. Bodybuilder Kills Your Home Budget And Free Time
Are you even aware how much their groceries cost? They have to take supplements, which also aren’t cheap. It doesn’t matter how much money you earned. A bodybuilder needs more and more and more. They are holes without a bottom when it comes to finances.
Even if you plan to go on the trip or vacation, they will be so annoyed with the choice of hotel and meals. You will have to carry three or even four times more money. And when you think you are free, he will send you to the market to buy his favorite canned spinach. Or he needs a glutamine to boost his recovery, and he is too tired to go to the supplement store!
- Find a well-paid job.
- Bodybuilders are like children, they have a lot of needs – you must tolerate this if you think the relationship to last.
Don’t offer him summer or winter vacations. If he offers to spend holidays with you, let them choose the hotel and meals and you won’t have problems.
#4. You Don’t Like Gym and Weights
Maybe you don’t like to train. They will probably ask you to join them in the gym. They usually have a very small world which relates to the gym and staying in shape.
- If you come from a different world, it is questionable how will he accept the fact you don’t spend the time with him in the gym.
- Emphasize you don’t like that kind of lifestyle in the beginning, and you might get more liberality and tolerance in a relationship.
#5. Protein Farts
Proteins are very hard to digest, and bodybuilders mostly have protein farts. You will have a very hard time dealing with this. However, there are some ways, but can your bodybuilder accept this?
- Try to persuade him to cut the intake of dairy products and take probiotics and digestive enzymes.
- There are some proteins which are very easy to absorb in bodybuilder’s body, for example, whey isolate protein powder.
- Add more fibers in their nutrition, and use plants like cinnamon, garlic, peppermint, ginger, and cumin – it will decrease protein farts.
#6. Steroid Abuse
We have the article which describes how to spot a steroid user. There is only one simple question – are you sure you want to date Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide?
- You need to learn to tolerate mood swings.
- We recommend you to go on a self-defense course, or find a topic which psychologically calms them down.
- Bodybuilders might become aggressive if you try to prevent them from using steroids, you will have to accept it as a part of your life.
#7. You Are In A Relationship With A Robot
They get up, eat, go to the gym, rest, sleep, even go to the bathroom at the same time.
They have the precision of a computer – you will rarely see a bodybuilder who is running late on his training session or meal. Bodybuilders are not flexible by nature, they are like soldiers – a fixed schedule is blindly followed.
- Try to plan your activities into his schedule, ask him to write his schedule on a piece of paper. You will know when he has free time.
- Use his free moments to be with him and spend some quality time together.
Dating bodybuilder is never easy, and you have to be an extremely tolerant person. You have to accept a man who constantly takes a look at himself in the mirror, talks about himself, and has a very small world. But in general, everything is possible if you can tolerate his shortcomings.
Look at the bright side, you will get a protector and people probably won’t disturb you. It is one more myth since a good fighter can kick bodybuilder’s ass even if he is 100 lbs lighter. A pure power versus perfect technique and quickness is usually insufficient, however, people most afraid of physical look.
Our best-selling advice is to learn to adapt towards his schedule and pretend you are the best support he will ever get. If you can tolerate mood swings, perfectly-timed schedule, and constant focus on training and nutrition, you have a solid chance.