The cable vertical Pallof press is a very functional movement whereas the muscle-building benefits are secondary. Your body has to stabilize the resistance during the exercise and therefore, you develop core strength. Cables are a great training tool because they keep constant tension on the target muscles and they also allow for a freer range of movement than with machines.
So, next time you train your core muscles, make sure to throw in the cable vertical Pallof press for additional gains!
In This Exercise:
- Target Muscle Group: Internal and External Obliques
- Type: Strength
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Equipment: Cable machine
- Difficulty: Beginner/Intermediate
- Attach a single grip handle to chest level on the cable pulley.
- Then, stand so your left side if facing the pulley and grab the handle with both hands.
- Now, with both hands touching your chest, press the cable upward.
- Bring it back down and complete the ideal number of reps.
Variations & Tips:
- Use a light or moderate weight to maintain proper form because your body has to stabilize the weight during the movement.
- The cable vertical Pallof press is more of a functional movement rather than a muscle-building exercise.