The dumbbell curl is an isolation exercise which is beneficial for developing the bicep muscles. But, during the movement, the brachialis and brachioradialis muscles are also stimulated secondarily. Now, dumbbells allow you to train each bicep muscle independently for unilateral development. And you can also bring up a lagging muscle this way.
But, dumbbells are also beneficial in that develop stabilizer muscles as well. So, they are a very effective training tool which everyone should use to build bigger guns. And you can alternate between arms between reps or do both at the same time which is another great reason to use dumbbells.
In This Exercise:
- Target Muscle Group: Biceps Brachii
- Type: Strength
- Mechanics: Isolation
- Equipment: Dumbbells
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Hold the dumbbells with a neutral grip by your sides.
- Then, curl the dumbbell up and squeeze for 2 seconds.
- Now, curl the right dumbbells and lower the left dumbbell at the same time.
- Alternate between arms for each set.
Variations & Tips:
- You can also curl both dumbbells simultaneously rather than alternating.
- The dumbbell curl is an effective isolation exercise which builds the biceps, brachialis, and brachioradialis muscles.
Watch: How to do the dumbbell curl
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.