A few rising stars in the sport of powerlifting have surprised everyone in recent times, but it seems like no one has been as dominant as Agata Sitko. Agata competed at the 2022 EPF European Open, Junior & Sub-Juniors Equipped Powerlifting Championships. The competition took place on May 3-8, 2022, in Pilsen, Czech Republic. After comfortably winning the 84-kilogram weight class, Agata Sitko also had the highest IPF GL score across all weight classes, which means that she was the greatest female lifter in the Junior division.
Agata Sitko excelled in every event at this competition and scored Five IPF Equipped World Records. Of those, she set three records in the Junior age division, while also scoring two records in the Open age division.
Agata Sitko’s Full Performance
Agata Sitko was competing in the 84-kilogram weight class, but weighed in at only 77.9 kilograms (171.7 pounds). So it is unclear if she plans to continue competing in the 84-kilogram weight class or to cut down and annihilate the World Records in the 76-kilogram division as well.
- 265 kilograms (584.2 pounds) Unsuccessful
- 265 kilograms (584.2 pounds)
- 270 kilograms (595.2 pounds) Unsuccessful
- 180 kilograms (396.8 pounds) Unsuccessful
- 180 kilograms (396.8 pounds)
- 188 kilograms (414.5 pounds) U84KG IPF Junior Equipped World Record
*LeAnn Ramirez previously held the Bench Press IPF Juniors Record of 175.5 kilograms (386.9 pounds), which she set at the 2019 IPF World Juniors & Sub-Juniors Championships.
- 235 kilograms (518.1 pounds)
- 245 kilograms (540.1 pounds)
- 251.5 kilograms (554.5 pounds) U84KG IPF Junior & Open Equipped World Record
*Iris Kensenhuis held the previous IPF Open Deadlift Record of 251 kilograms (553.3 pounds), which she set at the 2019 IPF World Powerlifting Championships.
Total – 704.5 kilograms (1,553.2 pounds) U84KG IPF Junior & Open Equipped World Record
*Rhaea Stinn held the previous IPF Open Total Record of 685 kilograms (1,510.1 pounds), which she set at the 2019 IPF World Powerlifting Championships.
You can watch her full performance here:
At only 19-years-old, Agata Sitko has already had a few impressive performances and claimed multiple World Records. She started her career in 2019 and tallied up ten sanctioned competitions since then. She won five of them, mostly in the 76-kilogram weight class. Agata also holds the IPF Junior Deadlift & Total Equipped World Records in the 76-kilogram weight class. A second-place finish in the 2019 Polish Classic Powerlifting Cup launched her career.
Agata Sitko’s Greatest Performances
- 2022 EPF European Open, Junior & Sub-Juniors Equipped Powerlifting Championships — First-place
- 2021 IPF World Powerlifting Championships — First-place
- 2021 IPF World Classic Powerlifting Championships — Second-place (Juniors)
Agata Sitko said that she was “9 weeks out”, meaning that she plans on stepping on the powerlifting platform quite soon. It is unclear what that competition will be, but Agata will most likely come out victorious in that as well. Her powerlifting career started a few years ago, but she’s hitting her stride lately.