Sandra Prikker is a beloved and inspirational fitness model, who overcame a massive injury to become an athlete. This is her life story, diet, training regimen, and more.
|Full Name: Sandra Prikker|
|Weight||Height||Age||Date of Birth|
|~115lbs(~52.2kg)||5’5 (165 cm)||30 years||October 30th, 1989|
Sandra Prikker was born in the Netherlands, which is also where her parents were from. From an early age, she found a love for fitness, and exercise. In particular, she started training kickboxing at the age of 14, and was immediately passionate about it. This was the sport that she would focus on for nearly ten years, with the intent to turn it into her long-term career.
Unfortunately, these hopes would be derailed when Prikker was 22 years old. She was involved in a tragic accident, which left her severely disfigured. She was at her brother’s house when a friend was cooking with oil, and accidentally left it on the burner. However, the pan caught on fire, and she reacted by trying to put it away from her. Ultimately it caught her face on fire, as well as her hair catching blaze, too.
Following this accident, Sandra needed extensive surgery, with her eyes and mouth burned shut. She was transported to burn unit hospital, where they let the wounds heal on their own for a week. Following that, it was determined that she needed a skin transplant, with the portion of skin coming from the back of her head.
Despite the fact that she kept a positive mindset throughout this setback, Prikker kept facing setbacks. Due to it being unknown when she would be healed up, her kickboxing contract was not renewed. Therefore she was left looking for a new career, but somehow still stayed positive. Little did she know, this would be the start of something great in her life.
Sandra Prikker – Modeling Career
After her tragic accident, Sandra Prikker was left to reevaluate her life goals. However she still had a serious love of the gym, and of exercising. She wanted to do something with that passion, so at the age of 24 she walked into the gym with a new goal: to become a fitness model.
Things were not easy for Prikker at first, when she began her journey to become a model. She was inexperienced with diet and nutrition, so was struggling to see the results she was looking for. Then she began working with a personal trainer, who really helped to boost her potential. Subsequently, she started rapidly improving and seeing strong results.
Around 2016, Sandra started documenting her progress through Instagram. People were immediately drawn to her appearance and positive attitude, and her follow count began to grow. Within six months she amassed over a million followers, which opened the door for more official modeling gigs. It was at this point, that she truly began gaining notoriety, and her following grew even farther, reaching more than 3 million followers at the time of publishing.
This is a list of some of the magazines Sandra Prikker has modeled for:
- Strong Fitness Magazine
- Physique Generation
- Fitness Gurls
- Trimmed & Toned
- Body & Fit
Sandra Prikker – Training Regimen
When it comes to training, Sandra Prikker is very disciplined. She tends to favor a heavy weight, low rep approach to her weight training, also throwing in drop sets. As for her cardio, she likes to utilize High Intensity Interval Training. However when doing HIIT training, she largely focuses on burning 300kcal every 15-20 minutes, regardless of the exercises.
This is the weekly training split of Sandra Prikker:
Day One: Legs
- Wide Stance Squats – 3 sets/8 reps
- Narrow Stance Squats – 3 sets/8 reps
- Stiff Legged Deadlift – 4 sets/8 reps
- Leg Press (Wide Foot Placement) – 3 sets/8 reps
- Leg Press (Narrow Foot Placement) – 3 sets/8 reps
- Leg Curls – 3 sets (Drop set)
- Leg Extensions – 3 sets (Drop set)
Day Two: Chest/Biceps
- Flat Barbell Bench Press – 3 sets/8 reps
- Incline Barbell Bench Press – 3 sets/8 reps
- Dips – 3 sets/8 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Press – 3 sets/8 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press – 3 sets/8 reps
- Straight Barbell Curls – 3 sets/8 reps
- Heavy Hammer Curls – 3 sets/8 reps
- Cable Curls – 3 sets/8 reps (Drop set)
Day Three: Back/Abs/HIIT
- Deadlift Bent Over Barbell Rows – 3 sets/8 reps
- Bent Over V Bar Rows – 3 sets/8 reps
- Two-Handed Cable Rows – 3 sets/8 reps (Drop set)
- Kneeling Cable Crunches – 3 sets/8 reps
- Standing Cable Crunches – 3 sets/8 reps
- Weighted Leg Raises – 3 sets/8 reps
Day Four: Shoulders/Triceps
- Military Press – 3 sets/8 reps
- Barbell Upright Rows – 3 sets/8 reps
- Side Raises – 3 sets/8 reps
- Bent-Over Lateral Raises – 3 sets/8 reps
- Skull Crushers – 3 sets/8 reps
- Cable Tricep Extension – 3 sets/8 reps
- Overhead Cable Tricep Extension – 3 sets/8 reps
Day Five: Glutes, Calves, HIIT
- Cable Kickbacks – 3 sets/8 reps
- Smith Machine Kick Ups – 3 sets/8 reps
- Smith Machine Lunges – 3 sets/8 reps
- Standing Calf Raises – 3 sets/8 reps
- Seated Calf Raises – 3 sets/8 reps
- HIIT – 20 mins
Day Six: Back/Abs
- Wide Grip Pull-Ups – 3 sets/8 reps
- Wide Grip Pull Downs – 3 sets/8 reps
- Close Grip Pull Downs – 3 sets/8 reps
- Machine Pull Downs – 3 sets/8 reps
- Crunches – 3 sets/8 reps
- Seated Leg Tucks -3 sets/8 reps
- Bent Knee Leg Raises – 3 sets/8 reps
Day Seven: Rest
Sandra’s favorite muscle group to work is her arms, but she has been known to hit some pretty solid squats, too. In fact, she has been able to squat as high as 90kg (198lb). She feels that staying within around 8 reps for each exercise is optimal for her to get the best results.
Diet and Nutrition
Sandra Prikker is aware that proper diet and nutrition are crucial to finding success with your fitness goals. As a result, she pays close attention to what she puts in her body. She eats five meals a day, all of which are carefully crafted to make sure she gets the nutrients she needs to be successful. The one thing that she struggles with is getting enough protein, so she has been known to fill in the gaps with protein bars, or pancakes with protein in them.
This is Sandra Prikker’s daily diet:
- Meal One: Cottage Cheese with Blueberries & Almonds
- Meal Two: Chicken Breast & Broccoli
- Meal Three: Whey Isolate Protein Shake with Oatmeal
- Meal Four: Chicken Breast & Brown Rice
- Meal Five: Casein Protein
When it comes to supplements, Prikker uses a few. However, she does not go over the top with what she uses, staying with mostly the essentials. These are the supplements she will typically use:
- Multivitamins and Minerals
- Omega 3
- Vitamin C
- Green Tea
- Fat Burners
Sandra Prikker is a prime example of how you can overcome any setback in your life. To go from having her life seemingly derailed, and her face disfigured, to one of the prettiest models in the world takes a lot. But if you ask her, it is all about keeping a positive mindset, and that is a philosophy that is hard to argue with.
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.