The stability ball leg extension crunch is a great bodyweight exercise which builds muscle and strength in the abdominal muscles of the core. Now, using a stability ball between your legs adds resistance to really which is necessary for building muscle hypertrophy in the lower abs but crunches are also effective working the upper abs.
The stability ball crunch is not an easy exercise for a lot of people who do not have good flexibility and mobility. So, practicing with your body weight only is very beneficial for building sufficient strength. But, once you become more advanced you can really benefit from this great abdominal exercise.
In This Exercise:
- Target Muscle Groups: Rectus Abdominis
- Type: Strength
- Mechanics: Compound
- Equipment: Stability ball
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Lie on your back and place a stability ball between your legs.
- Then, lift the ball up with your legs toward your head and do a crunch at the same time. Exhale during this portion of the exercise.
- Lower the ball back down and lie flat on the floor. Inhale during this portion of the exercise.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Variations & Tips:
- You want to crunch and lift the ball simultaneously for the best contraction of your abdominal muscles.
- Try to perform higher reps (15-20) for maximum functional results.
- The stability ball leg extension crunch targets the upper and lower abdominal muscles.
Watch: How to do the stability ball leg extension
Watch: How to do a crunch
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.