The 2021 KO Pro Egypt bodybuilding contest saw Mohamed Shaaban come in second place. While some would be happy about this, he is not, and he had some choice words for the judges.
Shaaban headed into the KO Pro Egypt on the back of a busy year that saw him qualify for the Olympia, where he came in 10th place, beating Regan Grimes who placed 15th. However Grimes has been looking much better since then, working with Milos Sarcev, and he was able to beat Mohamed at this show in Egypt a few weeks later.
While Mohamed landed in second place at this contest, something to not be ashamed of, he is quite frustrated with his placings as of late, and took to his Instagram to vent his frustrations. Here he went off on the judges, suggesting that there is something they have against him, and apologized to everyone for doing what he felt like was letting them down.
“I have no words…. I should have listened to my wife @mzdang_ifbbpro when she told me not to compete. I’m sorry baby….” Shaaban wrote.
“This lost truly hurts more than anyone can understand. I usually accept all my placings…. but this 2nd feels like a last call out at Olympia.
I’m going to take some time off social media and come back with a clearer mind, spirit, and physique for 2022,” Shaaban continued.
“I’m sorry I failed you all. I’m sorry I failed you again @andrew_vu87
Show after show. I feel like they just don’t want me up there…. like how much I can lose before they see me give up….” Shaaban added.
“Thank you my ig family for all your love and support.
One of those shows…. You will remember forever @kosquadegypt”
There is obviously a lot of pain and frustration there, and Mohamed Shaaban is clearly disappointed in the outcome of his recent contests. Hopefully he can fix the holes in his package that have kept him from rounding that corner onstage, and will be back next year with a vengeance.
Mohamed Shaaban Bodybuilding History
- 2021 KO Pro Egypt Men’s Bodybuilding – 2nd place
- 2021 Mr. Olympia – 10th place
- 2021 Tampa Pro Men’s Bodybuilding – 5th place
- 2021 Puerto Rico Pro Men’s Bodybuilding – 2nd place
- 2021 California Pro Men’s Bodybuilding – 2nd place
- 2020 Chicago Pro Men’s Bodybuilding -7th place
- 2020 California Pro Men’s Bodybuilding – 6th place
- 2019 Olympia – 16th place
- 2019 Portugal Pro Bodybuilding- 1st place
- 2018 Romania Muscle Fest Pro Men’s Bodybuilding – 3rd place
- 2018 George Farah Classic Pro Men’s Bodybuilding – 10th place
- 2018 Big Man Weekend Pro Men’s Bodybuilding – 5th place