According to a Utah news source, a warrant was issued on Thursday after Shawn Rhoden was accused by a female bodybuilder of sexual assault in a Utah hotel room on October 12, 2018.
- AMI Revokes Shawn Rhoden’s Eligibility to Compete at Mr. Olympia 2019
- Shawn Rhoden Being Held On $750,000 Bond Following Rape Charges
- Details From Shawn Rhoden’s Alleged Rape Case Released
- Strongman Robert Oberst “Pissed Off” After Hearing Of Shawn Rhoden Rape Incident
- Shawn Rhoden Passed Two Lie Detector Tests Regarding Rape Charges
- Shawn Rhoden Enters Plea Of Not Guilty
- Dan Solomon Details Disappointment Surrounding Shawn Rhoden Ineligibility To Defend Mr. Olympia Title
- BREAKING: Shawn Rhoden Issues Statement: ‘I Stand Firm In My Position Of Innocence’
- Shawn Rhoden’ Lawyer Rick Collins Opens Up On Case
- Video: Shawn Rhoden ‘Still In Prep Mode’ For 2019 Mr. Olympia
The woman explained to authorities that Rhoden was like a mentor as they’re both fitness competitors. But, her visit to his hotel room in Utah turned into a scary situation after Rhoden apparently forced himself onto the women and sexually assaulted her.
She also explained “Rhoden stopped and let her leave when she told him she needed to go downstairs or else an acquaintance waiting in the lobby would know “something (was) up“.
But she finally got away after telling Rhoden she needed to go downstairs so that an acquaintance waiting downstairs wouldn’t think anything suspicious was going on.
Rhoden’s DNA was found on the woman according to police and now he’s being charged with rape and object rape which are first-degree felonies. He’s also being charged with forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
This incident will put a really big dent in Shawn Rhoden’s legacy of being one of a very few to win the most prestigious title in a bodybuilding competition.
And with the 2019 Mr. Olympia just around the corner, we’re curious to see how it will all play out.
We’ll update with more details as they come in while the story continues to develop.