Just 10 days ago, Sherine Marcelle competed in the 2022 WRPF Ghost Clash, and put up an impressive performance. The most notable aspect of that was Marcelle’s squat performance, as she set the All-Time Second-Heaviest squat (w/wraps) in the 90 kg category. Now she is back in the training room, which resulted in a monstrous 20 Rep Squat set with 315 lbs (142.9 kg).
The video was posted on her Instagram, and Marcelle can be seen absolutely crushing the 20 reps. Not one rep looked heavy for Marcelle, and even after finishing, she looked capable of doing more. Marcelle only used a lifting belt and knee sleeves. She also revealed that her current bodyweight is 205 lbs.
You can watch the video here:
This squat set proves that Marcelle is not satisfied with the All-Time Second-Heaviest Squat (w/wraps) of 280 kg (617.3 lbs), and will work hard to break the World Record. The current World Record Squat (w/wraps), was set by Crystal Tate. She squatted 290.3 kilograms (640 pounds) at the 2017 XPC Finals.
In addition, Marcelle’s raw squat is also very impressive. Her official raw squat PR is 245 kg (540.1 lbs), which she set at the 2021 USPA New York State Championships. The current Raw All-Time World Record is 256 kg (564.4 lbs), and was set by Amanda Lawrence at the 2020 USAPL Gainsgiving Open.
Sherine Marcelle’s official (done in competition) PRs:
- Squat (Raw): 245 kg (540.1 lbs) All-Time Third-Heaviest (2021 USPA New York State Championships)
- Bench Press (Raw): 127.5 kg (280 lbs) (2021 USPA New York State Championships)
- Deadlift (Raw): 227.5 kg (501.6 lbs) (2021 USPA New York State Championships)
- Total (Raw): 592.5 kg (1306.2 lbs) (2021 USPA New York State Championships)
- Squat (w/wraps): 280 kg (617.3 lbs) All-Time Second-Heaviest (2022 WRPF Ghost Clash)
- Total (Raw w/wraps): 620 kg (1366.9 lbs) (2022 WRPF Ghost Clash)
You can watch Marcelle’s 280 kg squat here:
Sherine Marcelle is definitely one of the strongest squatters in the world, and she keeps proving why in training. This 20 rep set with 315 lbs (142.9 kg) shows that she is will work as hard as possible to break a few world records, which are not far away.